Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
How many underwater leds and what brand >

How many underwater leds and what brand

Notices

How many underwater leds and what brand

Old 03-29-2017, 05:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The lumishore lights look awsome but that is more than i want to spend for lights. The hardin marine ones aren't bad for the lights but they get you on the WiFi controller. Has anyone had any experience with the lumitec spectrum minis? Also does anybody have a picture of just one bigger light in the center between twins?
Old 03-29-2017, 05:46 PM
Registered

We use ShadowCaster most of the time, and they're not cheap but they're worth it. The 4 color 10" go for around $800. Worth every penny to not have to replace them every couple years!
Old 03-29-2017, 09:25 PM
Registered

I have had two,shadow casters for several years now and love them.
Old 03-30-2017, 06:00 AM
Registered

I was looking at the Ocean LED A16 Pro Xtreme lights (I would be getting 2, I have a single engine boat). Anyone have any experience with this light?
Old 03-30-2017, 07:21 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I have four Lumitec Sea Blaze lights on mine. I chose the ones that you can turn from white to blue or both at the same time. I love them and could not be happier with them.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]565957[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]565958[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]565959[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]565960[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails How many underwater leds and what brand-lights-4.jpg   How many underwater leds and what brand-lights-3.jpg   How many underwater leds and what brand-lights-1.jpg  

How many underwater leds and what brand-lights.jpg  
Old 03-30-2017, 07:38 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 123 Likes on 78 Posts

Just curious....Is it legal to be riding around at night with these lights on?

I was thinking about adding some LEDs, but prefer not to drill a hole(s) in my transom. My drain plug has a built-in plug so don't think that would work for me.
Old 03-30-2017, 08:13 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Dave M
Just curious....Is it legal to be riding around at night with these lights on?

I was thinking about adding some LEDs, but prefer not to drill a hole(s) in my transom. My drain plug has a built-in plug so don't think that would work for me.

I believe it's illegal to drive with them on, but I always have and I know a lot of other people who have as well. Ive never heard of anyone being pulled over because of their lights. Many of the lights just require you to drill a small hole through your transom to feed the wire through. It's really not that big of deal after you've done it a few times. It's just hard to do it the first time. lol Just make sure you use a lot of 5200 to plug the holes and you will be fine. I see you are from Md as well Dave M. Do you do much boating above the Bay Bridge area? My wife and I are located in Pasadena and do a lot of our boating around and north of the Bay Bridge. If you decide to drill holes for some lights let me know and I can give you a hand as I've installed them on a few boats now with no issues.

Last edited by lastcall02; 03-30-2017 at 08:16 AM.
Old 03-30-2017, 08:46 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 123 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by lastcall02
I believe it's illegal to drive with them on, but I always have and I know a lot of other people who have as well. Ive never heard of anyone being pulled over because of their lights. Many of the lights just require you to drill a small hole through your transom to feed the wire through. It's really not that big of deal after you've done it a few times. It's just hard to do it the first time. lol Just make sure you use a lot of 5200 to plug the holes and you will be fine. I see you are from Md as well Dave M. Do you do much boating above the Bay Bridge area? My wife and I are located in Pasadena and do a lot of our boating around and north of the Bay Bridge. If you decide to drill holes for some lights let me know and I can give you a hand as I've installed them on a few boats now with no issues.
Thanks! I have trailer will travel. I spend about 50% of my time on the Potomac, 25% Patuxent, and 25% all over the bay. Usually don't go much north of Kent Is., but go up to B-more occasionally.
Old 03-30-2017, 09:11 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 35 Likes on 18 Posts

Search Facebook for Quality Marine led. I just bought 2 color change lights from him to add to the 2 Lumishore ones on my Nor-Tech. Very good price and the quality/brightness seems good as well.

Erik
Old 03-30-2017, 03:56 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Vision X has some nice ones out now that are super bright and priced right.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.