Notices

hard lessons.

Old 04-14-2017, 05:55 PM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by 44MTI
I understand people wanting to know what happened, for many different reasons. I probably wanted to know as badly as anyone since this was one of best friends and was I suppose to be on the boat that day. There have been alot of really good points raised, I especially like the ones about all the accidents where there were no alcohol involved. Richie was a very experience driver and was not pushing the boat when this happened. Accidents happen and these two men have paid the ultimate price. Obviously alot of factors came together at a very bad time to make this happen and there certainly is not one single think we can blame this on. And people trying to do that is only going to cause more pain. Please remember Richie left a wonderful wife and 2 young kids who do look at this site. They are a still hurting from this as many of us are. So please think of them when you are posting and put yourself in their spot and don't post anything you wouldn't want your kids to read if the rolls were reversed.
Well said!
Old 04-14-2017, 07:08 PM
Registered

Received 747 Likes on 338 Posts

Originally Posted by baditude
Mystic is designed and built by an engineer along with wind tunnel testing
meaningless.
Old 04-14-2017, 07:09 PM
Registered

Received 79 Likes on 32 Posts

never mind

Last edited by jusabum; 04-14-2017 at 07:18 PM.
Old 04-14-2017, 07:23 PM
Registered

[QUOTE=44MTI;4546338]I understand people wanting to know what happened, for many different reasons. I probably wanted to know as badly as anyone since this was one of best friends and was I suppose to be on the boat that day. There have been alot of really good points raised, I especially like the ones about all the accidents where there were no alcohol involved. Richie was a very experience driver and was not pushing the boat when this happened. Accidents happen and these two men have paid the ultimate price. Obviously alot of factors came together at a very bad time to make this happen and there certainly is not one single think we can blame this on. And people trying to do that is only going to cause more pain. Please remember Richie left a wonderful wife and 2 young kids who do look at this site. They are a still hurting from this as many of us are. So please think of them when you are posting and put yourself in their spot and don't post anything you wouldn't want your kids to read if the rolls were reversed.[/QUOT

We're always asked to do this, forget what happened until it happens again.
Old 04-14-2017, 07:28 PM
Registered

Received 79 Likes on 32 Posts

[QUOTE=Interceptor;4546388]
Originally Posted by 44MTI
I understand people wanting to know what happened, for many different reasons. I probably wanted to know as badly as anyone since this was one of best friends and was I suppose to be on the boat that day. There have been alot of really good points raised, I especially like the ones about all the accidents where there were no alcohol involved. Richie was a very experience driver and was not pushing the boat when this happened. Accidents happen and these two men have paid the ultimate price. Obviously alot of factors came together at a very bad time to make this happen and there certainly is not one single think we can blame this on. And people trying to do that is only going to cause more pain. Please remember Richie left a wonderful wife and 2 young kids who do look at this site. They are a still hurting from this as many of us are. So please think of them when you are posting and put yourself in their spot and don't post anything you wouldn't want your kids to read if the rolls were reversed.[/QUOT

WHY should other boaters on a forum, discussing the issues, be careful about what we say in front of the family, when the owner of the boat in discussion didn't care?
Jus' Sayin'
Old 04-14-2017, 07:45 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

WHY should other boaters on a forum, discussing the issues, be careful about what we say in front of the family, when the owner of the boat in discussion didn't care?
Jus' Sayin'
That's not fair! PERIOD.

Last edited by Nuke427; 04-14-2017 at 09:27 PM. Reason: Wrong poster quoted
Old 04-14-2017, 08:19 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,339 Likes on 461 Posts

Originally Posted by Interceptor
respectfully , that's not at all what he said. He asked to please use civil discourse in discussing it. the last hing anyone needs is gloating or someone saying "told ya so" especially to a child that lost their parent. if any of us for one second think that his wife and family don't realize the loss, I think they would be sorely mistaken...
Old 04-14-2017, 08:36 PM
Registered

[QUOTE=Nuke427;4546393]
Originally Posted by jusabum

That's not fair! PERIOD.
I never said that, someone else did and it got tagged to me.
Old 04-14-2017, 08:39 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
respectfully , that's not at all what he said. He asked to please use civil discourse in discussing it. the last hing anyone needs is gloating or someone saying "told ya so" especially to a child that lost their parent. if any of us for one second think that his wife and family don't realize the loss, I think they would be sorely mistaken...
I understand the need for respect for the family.
Old 04-14-2017, 08:40 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

[QUOTE=Interceptor;4546403]
Originally Posted by Nuke427

I never said that, someone else did and it got tagged to me.
You are absolutely right. I will correct. Don't know why it did that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.