Notices

First time Donzi owner

Old 05-24-2017, 09:32 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First time Donzi owner

Hey All! I bought a 1986 25Z with 454 and alpha one set up from an older gentleman that had it stolen from him 3 years ago and he recently recovered it. It sat outside and never moved since the day it was stolen. With that being said he replaced the starter and fuel pump as soon as he recovered it. I plan on pumping out the tank before running the engine. I did hear the engine run off a gas can and fuel line before buying. He said it's brand new and has 20 hrs on it. Drive seems to operate fine, it does shift to forward and reverse. Floors,Stringers and transom are all in great shape. Vinyl is actually in decent shape but after cleaning all the mold up seats are stained. Cosmetics are not my biggest concern but my main question to everyone is what things should I be looking for before I go and start seeing what works and doesn't? Any guidance is appreciated. Looking forward to your responses.
Old 05-25-2017, 05:58 AM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 16 Posts

When you get some time, I would like to see some pics of the boat, and engine bay.