36 Skater accident at Havasu >

36 Skater accident at Havasu

Notices

36 Skater accident at Havasu

Old 06-20-2017, 03:47 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 579 Likes on 277 Posts

Thoughts on prayers going out to Larry Guillen, who was involved in an accident on Lake Havasu earlier today while testing his Skater 368 cat Cállate for some upcoming top-speed shootouts.

https://speedonthewater.com/in-the-n...on-lake-havasu
Old 06-20-2017, 03:52 PM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by precisiondetails
which boat was that that flipped in the race?
It was a green, purple, and yellow Skater called "Big Pimpin". All ok but the boat took a nasty shot.

http://www.virginislandsnewsonline.c...-race-accident
Old 06-20-2017, 04:56 PM
Registered

Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by racinfast002
Effing jetskis.......I'm not one to point fingers, but how much you want to guess which one turned in front of who.
Originally Posted by On Time
Lake lice SUCK I mean S U C K

Dodging lake lice in my home lake now requires me to have spotters. Those things should be regulated. They are marketed and sold to as many beer guzzling testosterone spewing nut cases they can and only think about their RIGHTS to drive anyway anywhere and in front of anyone....Rights that us go fast boat owners are now forced to pay attention too.

I feel very sorry for the Skater group.
No one knows whos fault it was yet. probably better to wait for official reports. The preliminary reports( http://www.havasunews.com/news/three...56291f565.html ) say that Skater did a hard left turn to avoid Jet Ski, which says the jet ski had the right of way. For On Time, PWC's have the same rights as every other boat out there. Just like they have to follow the same rules.

Last edited by Zone 5; 06-20-2017 at 04:59 PM.
Old 06-20-2017, 07:34 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A jet ski coming out of a cove and entering the main body of the lake does not have the right of way.The jet ski has a obligation to safely merge into the main flow of traffic which according to eye witnesses it did not.
Old 06-20-2017, 07:34 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Zone 5
No one knows whos fault it was yet. probably better to wait for official reports. The preliminary reports( Three injured in powerboat accident | Local News Stories | havasunews.com ) say that Skater did a hard left turn to avoid Jet Ski, which says the jet ski had the right of way. For On Time, PWC's have the same rights as every other boat out there. Just like they have to follow the same rules.
I'm not familiar with Missouri is it not law to give way to bigger vessels?
Old 06-20-2017, 07:53 PM
Registered

Received 3,258 Likes on 1,054 Posts

Hope Larry and crew have speedy recovery.

Just spoke to Bobbit. Larry out of surgery, in recovery. Hoping all involved have speedy recoveries with no long term injuries.

Last edited by thisistank; 06-20-2017 at 08:21 PM.
Old 06-20-2017, 08:56 PM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

It's not an excuse , but I dont think most pleasure boaters / jet skiers realize a boat 1/4 mile away can be on you in less than ten seconds.
Old 06-20-2017, 09:24 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by risco
No. Bigger means nothing. Its all about the direction of travel and the ability of the boats to maneuver. If you were in a river with a dregged channel, the cargo ship that can't leave the channel has the right of way. This does not carry down to the fact that we all know that a PWC can turn quicker than a 36' Skater. They would both be classed together, along with any other recreational powerboat.
Old 06-20-2017, 09:28 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by skater40
A jet ski coming out of a cove and entering the main body of the lake does not have the right of way.The jet ski has a obligation to safely merge into the main flow of traffic which according to eye witnesses it did not.
Doubtful. There is no such thing as "main flow of traffic" unless a lake/river is marked that way. There are no lines on water Would it be common sense? Absolutely! The number one rule is that you do everything and anything to avoid a collision. IOW, you throw the rest of the rules out if you have to.

Last edited by Zone 5; 06-20-2017 at 10:11 PM.
Old 06-20-2017, 11:07 PM
Registered

Received 363 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by risco
Go to the front of your boat and draw an imaginary line that extends forward as far as the eye can see. Any boat on the right side of that imaginary line has the right of way over your vessel. Everything on the left should give way to your vessel unless they are towing or under sail.

Hoping for a quick recovery.

Last edited by Marginmn; 06-20-2017 at 11:11 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.