36 Skater accident at Havasu >

36 Skater accident at Havasu

Notices

36 Skater accident at Havasu

Old 06-21-2017, 04:46 PM
Registered

Received 283 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by thisistank
two people died. 36 Nordic alcohol involved.

wow.... that is terrible
Old 06-21-2017, 04:55 PM
Registered

Received 3,414 Likes on 1,104 Posts

Update - Larry is Out of surgery recovering, alert and doing good. Pretty major surgery for some head impact and basically he was scalped by the windshield so they had to reattach his scalp. He's banged up but will be out of the hospital in a couple days.
Old 06-21-2017, 05:19 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Update - Larry is Out of surgery recovering, alert and doing good. Pretty major surgery for some head impact and basically he was scalped by the windshield so they had to reattach his scalp. He's banged up but will be out of the hospital in a couple days.
"like" :-)
Old 06-21-2017, 06:32 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this is great news
Old 06-21-2017, 06:49 PM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by DRAG

I agree the jet skis are a tough deal. A lot of them are rentals. The problem is nearly as bad with boaters. Go sit on a boat ramp for an afternoon and watch how f'n stupid 80% of the people are. Its full of entertainment. As a high speed boater you have to recognize that we share the water with these people....and hell half of them are drunk.
Well said!
Old 06-21-2017, 07:01 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,353 Likes on 1,501 Posts

Havasu has always been a fast boat lake. Everyone has to adapt to where they boat / jet ski, what have you.
Old 06-21-2017, 07:39 PM
Registered

Received 855 Likes on 232 Posts

That's great news, thanks for the update Tank!
Old 06-21-2017, 08:06 PM
Registered

Received 693 Likes on 277 Posts

The easiest way to not ged dead or fubar and avoid deading anyone else is to assume everyone else is going to take the right of way whether they have it or not and operating your boat like everyone around you has no clue... most of them dont anyways. There are times and places to run hard, there are times and places where running hard is inviting disaster and then there is a lot of time and place in between.

At least its not as bad as riding a bike yet. I got my first motorcycle when I was like 9 or 10, I raced for years, Not to sound egotistical, but I am a really good rider. world championships, walls full of trophies etc. I will NOT ride a street bike. I would love to ride one but I do not trust the other guy and I dont want to get dead because because some chick was texting, because some mom was yelling at her kids in the back seat, because some guy stopped for a few beers after work.
Old 06-21-2017, 09:01 PM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by phragle
The easiest way to not ged dead or fubar and avoid deading anyone else is to assume everyone else is going to take the right of way whether they have it or not and operating your boat like everyone around you has no clue... most of them dont anyways. There are times and places to run hard, there are times and places where running hard is inviting disaster and then there is a lot of time and place in between.

At least its not as bad as riding a bike yet. I got my first motorcycle when I was like 9 or 10, I raced for years, Not to sound egotistical, but I am a really good rider. world championships, walls full of trophies etc. I will NOT ride a street bike. I would love to ride one but I do not trust the other guy and I dont want to get dead because because some chick was texting, because some mom was yelling at her kids in the back seat, because some guy stopped for a few beers after work.
I agree (mostly) I was at a shootout maybe 8 years ago, actually just arriving, on the back side of the spectator fleet and coming off the throttle so as not to send a wake into the fleet. I look to my right and see a MTI running about 150 taking a celebrity for a ride. I turned to port and watched him go by at well over a hundred. I was not expecting that and later in the day heard he was *****ing about me not seeing him quick enough. If I'd had the opportunity I would have explained what a moron he was as he could have run down the course in relative safety.

It was one of many stupid things that happen around shootouts/poker runs that I have seen in 30+ years of boating.

I race a jetboat, so not afraid of speed, just has to be the right place and time as in "closed course"
Old 06-21-2017, 09:21 PM
Registered

Received 379 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by phragle

That's exactly the way I have operated my boats forever and I've yet to regret it - although I have been the one to stand down or even come off plane countless times when I had the right-of-way. We as HP boaters have machines that will two-fold out-accelerate and outrun any potential idiot that might ever wander across our path (if we can turn them) so I always "TRY" to keep enough distance between myself and any potential idiots so I can avoid them no matter what erratic move they make. . If it is too crowded or if I am in too restricted a channel to allow for such maneuvers I simply I slow down - or even stop.

I assure you guys that although some people on this site feel that it is the responsibility of every other boater that we share the water with to account for the possibility that one of us might come barreling at them in a 150+ MPH machine, the rest of the boating community does not share that view. The first time one of our 150 MPH machines runs over a 14 year old erratic girl on a jet ski it might be over for all of us because the public will vilify us to hell and back no matter how at fault the teenager was.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.