Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
31 sonic and me getting screwed >

31 sonic and me getting screwed

Notices

31 sonic and me getting screwed

Old 01-15-2018, 02:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I spoke with Jason at Saris in the fall and am trying to lock up something with them now. He was awesome to deal with on the phone and via email. I also really want to have it dyno’d for obvious reasons before it goes back in the boat. I did my research and they have a good reputation on here and other places.
Old 01-15-2018, 03:02 PM
GRH
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

You're not liable to hear anything bad about Jason Saris.... he's been around a long time, is well respected & well liked.....
Old 01-15-2018, 04:15 PM
Registered

I know a few people at IMG, they're typically pretty good guys. But as others have said I'm not sure I'm super confident in engine builders right around here. This is center console outboard country right here actual performance boats are pretty far between.
Question, this doesn't happen to be a boat with Konrad drives, JL speakers and an Alpine radio, is it? Sonic's are pretty rare around here but I'm pretty familiar with that particular one.
In Florida businesses are regulated by the dept. of agriculture. Also go to Sunbiz.org and be sure it's even a legit business. The BBB is useless.
Old 01-15-2018, 05:46 PM
Registered

The sales guy i dealt with at img was Scott Tubbs- and was generally a good guy. We even contacted him after all of this went down and he tried to mediate it with 727marineinc- which they sub out work to and he is not an employee. He did not push this like i thought he should as 727marineinc was highky referred by them. Maybe he pays his mortgage with the work they sub out to him locally and screws everyine esle. Someone mentioned 727 and Jeremy Bordener had a 1500 mile buffer to screw me. Couldn't be more right. And it does not have konrad drives. It's the one with pink and purple stripes. It's a nice boat.
Old 01-15-2018, 05:59 PM
Registered

727 marine is like 2 miles from my shop, so at least I know for sure where not to go!
​​​​
Old 01-15-2018, 07:04 PM
Registered

Received 277 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by sceptre
It’s been a while since I have been on here. My attorney stated that he was really confident that I would get a judgement with what happened and all of the documentation I had but if he decided not to pay I would need to hire another attorney in FL to enforce the judgement. I decided to take a break from all of this and save the money I would have spent on attorneys and put it towards fixing the boat. The company is 727 Marine Inc in Pinellas Park FL- Jeremy Bordner. Bad company and a bad person. Stay away. In hindsight if I had listened to my gut- I would have never known him or his company. With that said I am tired of thinking about how I got screwed and am moving on to hopefully a good 2018 season.
Never heard of them and work in that area too.

Stil sorry you had to go through this, hope 2018 is a much better years bud
Old 01-15-2018, 07:18 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,153 Likes on 491 Posts

Originally Posted by sceptre
............I decided to take a break from all of this and save the money I would have spent on attorneys and put it towards fixing the boat.........
Wise decision, I couldn't really see a good outcome once the lawyers are in there.
Hope it all goes well from now on.

RR
Old 01-15-2018, 07:39 PM
Registered

Received 122 Likes on 58 Posts

Good decision on your part. Sometimes it just better to let it go even though you are out the $$. Have to stop the bleeding at some point. I remember talking to you about buying my 31 before you decided on that one. I wasn't ready to sell because of my knee replacement. If you get down to MD sometime shoot me a PM.
Old 01-15-2018, 08:03 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Plane ticket / baseball bat / 3:00 AM / ring doorbell
Old 01-15-2018, 08:23 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,153 Likes on 491 Posts

Originally Posted by Tinkerer
Plane ticket / baseball bat / 3:00 AM / ring doorbell
Are you by any chance Australian?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.