Watch out for water hazards in Texas...

Notices

Watch out for water hazards in Texas...

Old 09-01-2017, 10:07 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,272 Likes on 556 Posts

Originally Posted by glassdave

that roof up there is nuts . . . looks like about a twenty two pitch on the right side boat and maybe an eighteen on the left lol . . . wow

Driver's side looks to have been a duo-prop.
Old 09-01-2017, 11:33 AM
BUP
Banned

Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Donzi1979
^^^ I had the same plan but was going to go to Possum Kingdom tomorrow guess that's out. Yesterday after work it was a full on panic for fuel around here, people acting crazy thanks to the Media hype and them getting fuel even if they didn't need it. This morning was a little better and most in south Fort Worth had it. Hopefully it calms down soon I need to go to the lake..... 1st world problems!
only about 60 percent had gas for this mourning as it was delivered early. . Many are out again. prob by 4 pm it will be real hard to find gas anywhere.. It is just best to stay close to home or walk for the weekend.. At least we are 10 degrees cooler and the humidity has dropped. Still 90 degrees. I still can not believe the mile long lines for gas and all the blocking of traffic.
Old 09-01-2017, 11:41 AM
Registered

Received 159 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by BUP
only about 60 percent had gas for this mourning as it was delivered early. . Many are out again. prob by 4 pm it will be real hard to find gas anywhere.. It is just best to stay close to home or walk for the weekend.. At least we are 10 degrees cooler and the humidity has dropped. Still 90 degrees. I still can not believe the mile long lines for gas and all the blocking of traffic.
Uptown Dallas is a nightmare.. Im glad I am getting out of here lol.
Old 09-01-2017, 11:46 AM
BUP
Banned

Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

Last nite I had never seen the hwy s here so dead. No one was driving last nite from 11 pm on. Completely ghost town. And we all know the traffic here is 24 hours per day non stop and a PITA to be in.

You could have set up a bed on I 20 and went to sleep it was that dead. I have never seen that ever. . .
Old 09-01-2017, 01:38 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 9 Posts

Got a call there is fuel out west at PK, screw it I'm going in the morning. That $5 a gal crap at the lake isn't looking so bad now. What really gets me is they have fuel in Houston right now for $2 and plenty of supply and we are getting raped. Guess a half million flood cars don't need fuel.....
Old 09-01-2017, 02:10 PM
Registered

Received 693 Likes on 277 Posts

Originally Posted by Donzi1979
. Guess a half million flood cars don't need fuel.....
In 6 months the only thing flooded will be the used car market, with no mention of flooded...
Old 09-01-2017, 02:12 PM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Down here on the river:
On land we are dealing with snakes, fire ants and mosquitos, never seen so many Deer. In the water fences and downed trees are the biggest concerns now that all the power is off. Another day of falling levels and we can get back into the river bottom to help our neighbors recover/repair their stuff.
Old 09-01-2017, 03:13 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 9 Posts

Wobble our thoughts and prayers are with you guys. Our problems are nothing compared to what y'all have to deal with. 5 days ago I wish I still had a johnboat and I would have been headed that way.
Old 09-01-2017, 04:50 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wobble
Down here on the river:
On land we are dealing with snakes, fire ants and mosquitos, never seen so many Deer. In the water fences and downed trees are the biggest concerns now that all the power is off. Another day of falling levels and we can get back into the river bottom to help our neighbors recover/repair their stuff.
God Bless my friend. It's been a year an I'm still without my home. Prayers sent to Texas
Old 09-05-2017, 11:46 AM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The dam had more than 11 feet of water going over the spillway.
the center console is an example of what can happen when an idiot goes boating in a flood, not from our neighborhood and supposedly just looking around, had to be saved by the CG. He then went looking for his boat on a jet ski and ran out of fuel and had to be retrieved after dark.

Major transmission line towers went into the river and crushed the next ones on land.

Managed to get my truck down into one of the better parts of the river bottom, there are 7' high sand dunes in places.
Attached Thumbnails Watch out for water hazards in Texas...-lake-houston-dam.jpg   Watch out for water hazards in Texas...-idiot-grace-sandy.jpg   Watch out for water hazards in Texas...-basshole-tower2.jpg  

Watch out for water hazards in Texas...-grace-sandy-ln.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.