Notices

What happened to Puder???

Old 11-26-2017, 08:38 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 824 Likes on 384 Posts

Funny how passions ebb and flow for all of us. I figured I'd always be on here for an hour or two every night until I die, but find myself doing other things these days, and just checking the days' posts for 5 minutes a night at most. By contrast I spend 30-45 minutes every night in the classifieds section of CorvetteForum, and dicking around with Craigslist ATV's and dirtbikes. I'm sure not going any where but am on an ebb right now.
Old 11-26-2017, 08:54 PM
Registered

Received 124 Likes on 59 Posts

What about Clay. Guy with all the hot chic pics.
Old 11-27-2017, 05:16 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 123 Likes on 78 Posts

Used to be that some posts would be a page or two deep in the GD in a few hours.
Old 11-27-2017, 09:15 AM
Registered

Received 3,307 Likes on 1,075 Posts

Originally Posted by sonicss42
What about Clay. Guy with all the hot chic pics.
HAHAHA... He had the Bullet and always posted pics of him and a flock of chicks out on the lake.
Old 11-27-2017, 09:20 AM
Registered

Received 982 Likes on 524 Posts

Originally Posted by thisistank
HAHAHA... He had the Bullet and always posted pics of him and a flock of chicks out on the lake.
Those ladies were "Claymates".......I think he had to stop posting pics because the girls were getting creeped out by a 50 yr old guy posting pervy pics.
Old 11-27-2017, 09:28 AM
Registered

Received 3,307 Likes on 1,075 Posts

Originally Posted by seafordguy
Funny how passions ebb and flow for all of us. I figured I'd always be on here for an hour or two every night until I die, but find myself doing other things these days, and just checking the days' posts for 5 minutes a night at most. By contrast I spend 30-45 minutes every night in the classifieds section of CorvetteForum, and dicking around with Craigslist ATV's and dirtbikes. I'm sure not going any where but am on an ebb right now.
Peoples interest and involvement in things does really seem to vary drastically, especially in this arena. whether its at the race level, teams / people that are super dynamic come and go (AMF, The bud light team, the sheik, etc), or even those that created and ran this board (Cheng and Schubble) to the everyday boater that sells their boat and moves on to other hobbies. Kinda sad, seems like the best boating times in my life were when the SCOPE crew in So. Cal. was in full swing in the 2000's and now most of those people have moved on from the hobby.
Old 11-27-2017, 09:28 AM
Registered

Received 763 Likes on 412 Posts

A lot of those Claymates you wouldn't touch with your buddy's pole.
Old 11-27-2017, 11:02 AM
Registered

Received 693 Likes on 277 Posts

Several things happened along with the times changing....

1. board problems, perceived and real prompted the advent of S.O.S. which took a lot of people
2. The downfall off Sunkin/ SOS... That ruined internet boating for a lot of people... Not that it happened, but the never ending bloodbath of a witch hunt that followed. Terminal nastiness and character assassination of anyone who was even remotely perceived as not taking a hard-line stance and jumping on the band wagon.
3. the whole Bob Cam thing, once again people were shamed, shunned, sliced, diced and julian fried that even remotely failed to march in line.

So overall, we lost a lot of people because of rampant negativity and vicious personal attacks. It stopped being fun when it went from sharing information and adventure to its my way or the highway and if you disagree much less fail to show complete allegiance, your phucking scum and will be roasted at the stake.

Readers digest version, we stopped busting people balls and started kicking them in the nuts, and we wonder why they left???
Old 11-27-2017, 01:51 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,317 Likes on 1,483 Posts

Center Console's, ski boats, and faster pontoon's have taken alot. + The country's age population has gotten much older.
Old 11-27-2017, 02:05 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,263 Likes on 551 Posts

Puder unfriended me on FB when I corrected him on some political thread. Go figure. No biggie.

And at least one of those "no longer with us" members mentioned above, is NOT missed. Not in the least; damn near got him self put in in the hospital after some comments made about my girl.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.