Looking for some input on a new boat purchase >

Looking for some input on a new boat purchase

Notices

Looking for some input on a new boat purchase

Old 11-30-2017, 11:54 AM
Registered

Received 44 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by F-2 Speedy
someone quote this so the link will show, maybe you've seen this ??

Attachment 573180
Old 11-30-2017, 05:20 PM
Registered

Received 495 Likes on 255 Posts

Originally Posted by F-2 Speedy
someone quote this so the link will show, maybe you've seen this ??

Attachment 573180
quoted, and it opens up a "what do you want to do with this window" not as a link
Old 11-30-2017, 07:08 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,164 Likes on 497 Posts

Originally Posted by dturn
I have my eyes open for the islanders as well! It hard finding one with out all the colors!! Sorry just like clean simple classic looks. Anyone have any experience with the Chris Craft Launch Series?
Chris Craft launch series are beautiful boats but not very fast. I considered one for the classic style alone but the water is usually choppy here and they are not a rough water boat. Deadrise is a bit shallow compared to offshore boats and the bow sections are very wide which negates the fine entry. I had a Sea Ray 270 with similar bow shape and it 'smacked' head-on waves very hard rather than slice through them.

That's a bit of a common thing with bowriders I think, because they are designed for maximum space inside. Depends what water you boat on but if you're in the slop, a narrow bow with fine entry and deeper deadrise (23-24 degrees) is certainly better.

Boats like Active Thunder, Nordic, Sunsation and Baja Islander are variations from their offshore boats and are fine but won't offer as much space up front as a true bowriders.

RR
Old 11-30-2017, 07:58 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rak rua
Chris Craft launch series are beautiful boats but not very fast. I considered one for the classic style alone but the water is usually choppy here and they are not a rough water boat. Deadrise is a bit shallow compared to offshore boats and the bow sections are very wide which negates the fine entry. I had a Sea Ray 270 with similar bow shape and it 'smacked' head-on waves very hard rather than slice through them.

That's a bit of a common thing with bowriders I think, because they are designed for maximum space inside. Depends what water you boat on but if you're in the slop, a narrow bow with fine entry and deeper deadrise (23-24 degrees) is certainly better.

Boats like Active Thunder, Nordic, Sunsation and Baja Islander are variations from their offshore boats and are fine but won't offer as much space up front as a true bowriders.

RR
good to know. I consider sebago lake to be choppy a lot of 30' crusiers on the waters, I am also interested to get into some bigger lakes as well.!
Old 12-05-2017, 04:12 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by MonkeySea2
Chaparral makes a beautiful bowrider with a 22.5 degree deadrise that rides nice in lake slop. The 26' 256SSi or SSX can clear 60 w/the 496 HO. The standard 496 will run mid 50s. If you step up to the 276, it will run low to mid 50s with the 496 HO. Great layouts with tons of features.
Used 2009 Chaparral Ssx 276 Mercury Racing 525hp, Plano, Tx - 75074 - BoatTrader.com
Old 12-12-2017, 05:38 PM
Registered

Anyone have some input on Essex boats?

2013 Essex Raven powerboat for sale in California

Thanks
Old 12-12-2017, 07:25 PM
Registered

We bought our Baja 252 Islander new in 02, it's a been a great boat. Kids are grown, so we don't use it as much as we used too.

Old 12-12-2017, 09:08 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

Over 25 ft in length all brand new 2018 with full warranties . And the best part a tad under 80 K. Again all brand new, NOT used for almost the same price of used boats on the market, plus a huge step up in quality of the build process.

All custom built FULL gel cote with no graphics nor any paint. Also includes custom 2018 boat trailer. Best deal for a brand new boat I have seen in many many years.

Also can get this 24 / 25 and other Lavey Crafts with Outboards, but all interested should check the exact pricing beforehand. A very high end quality build with all the Lavey craft models.

https://www.laveycraft.com/models-24-nuera

Last edited by BUP; 12-12-2017 at 10:49 PM.
Old 12-12-2017, 11:03 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

Chris Craft Launch are nice boats but in rough waters they pound you to death. Smooth water lake boat. The same with Essex boats plus if I recall Essex is long gone. I had one dealing with them for info about 10 years ago on a 2 year boat of theirs in for alot of indepth repairs. The phone call to Essex's, they where NOT helpful period - actually not willing to even take a minute to put forth an effort to pass on any info about there boats nor the build nor any of that process plus was totally clueless about a manufacturer build sheet that I wanted. They would not give me any info as per what engine and drive was even installed for the hull HIN number I provided over the phone. IMO almost like they were hiding something.
Old 12-13-2017, 09:46 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 252 Baja
We bought our Baja 252 Islander new in 02, it's a been a great boat. Kids are grown, so we don't use it as much as we used too.

Nice Clean boat thanks for the feedback!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.