Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
4-SPEED Propeller Push In Progress >

4-SPEED Propeller Push In Progress

Notices

4-SPEED Propeller Push In Progress

Old 12-03-2017, 08:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have ran OB skaters for 20 years, always running Mercury 3 blade cleavers, without an issue. Recently tried the Blades and have had nothing but issues with them. They perform well, but the manufacturing process is off. Every set has cracked resulting in down time and expensive repairs.
Old 12-04-2017, 04:54 AM
Registered

Received 54 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by TeamSaris
Funny story about that.

The vent plugs were out. Couldn't get my boat on plane a few days later either. Put them back in, bingo. They're worth another shot.
How the hell did we miss that??

Let's try them again in the spring!
Old 12-04-2017, 06:19 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt Trulio
You guys crack me up, never fail. I'm sure you know this, but just to be clear, "4-Speed" is play on "For Speed" and "Four Blade." Maybe Brett Anderson was too clever for his own good with the name.

Hope you had a joyful and peaceful Thanksgiving.
Rumor has it that the next prop series Brett plans to release will be named 4-Play
Old 06-10-2018, 10:19 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Apex, I'm running Bravo 30Ps on my 353 that Brett labbed and cut the rings on 2 years ago.
I was thinking about testing a pair of the 4-Speeds, do you think they will require the same treatment for a valid comparison?
Brett said we still have a little too much slip with the current wheels but they're the best running props on this boat I've had thus far.
Old 06-10-2018, 10:57 AM
Registered

Received 54 Likes on 24 Posts

Joe - Johnny Saris is far more qualified than I am to answer this question. He knows my boat well and is also a distributor for those 4-Speeds. Let's hear what he has to say on this, but if I remember correctly, the 4-Speeds did not have rings.

I will tell you that I went back and forth with Brett on 32 Bravos several times. While I liked how the boat carried itself, they had had too much slip and they were actually slower than my Maximus props. I sent the Maximus back to BBlades over the winter after a long talk with Brett at the Miami Boat Show and he did some work on them, which in effect allowed them to carry the bow more. Now the Maximus feel like the Bravos, but are more efficient. Im pretty happy right now.

I haven't tried the 4-Speeds again with the plugs in, but will probably do so in a few weeks.