Notices

Same old question...

Old 10-19-2002, 01:47 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think that's why Baja has a bad rap when it comes to fit and finish. They seem to be about 50% when it comes to bigger boats-some are put together real well and another of the same type of boat will be falling apart. I also think it is owner-dependent to a point-if you treat it right it will be a better boat. You definitely get a lot of boat for the money.
Old 10-19-2002, 03:07 PM
JROMY2

Thanks everyone for the input.
Another couple questions. I will be financing part of the money. Does anyone have a good feel for where I'll be new versus used with interest rates? Also - how many dealers are willing to take a boat in on trade of a used boat?

Old 10-19-2002, 05:36 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

JROMY2,

I have a 32' Active Thunder. It's a '99 w/ 500 hps. Boat runs mid 80's and is absolutly awsome in the rough stuff. The only reason I'm considering selling is that I want to move up to a 37' AT. The boat is currently at the AT factory and is listed on their website for sale. Right now I'm looking for an off. If you've been on OSO for a while I'm sure you seen pics but if not I'll put one on here. Good luck.
Attached Thumbnails Same old question...-pict0034a.jpg  
Old 10-19-2002, 05:38 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

That last post was actually from me (Todd) not Tracy. So if you need or want to e-mail or pm me, now you'll be able to.
Old 10-20-2002, 09:34 AM
JROMY2

Todd,
Nice looking boat. I've never had my boats in salt water. It seems like any time I look at boats that were run in the ocean, there is a certain amount of corrosion on the transom parts and pieces etc. Is this due to people not taking the time to rinse the boat or is it something that can't be avoided? What shape is yours in regarding this (please excuse my ignorance ?)

Also, any chance Active Thunder/someone you know considers trades? I really have to unload this current boat before I go after a new one. I realize I'm going to take a hit but it doesn't seem like I've had much luck trying to sell mine.

Thanks,
Jeremy

Old 10-20-2002, 10:38 AM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

JROMY2, I've seen Todd's boat several times and I can say it is in PRISTINE condition. Not a mark on it. No problems on the transom as you stated.

I've also been on Audaciy at about 80 mph. Another fine AT product. Either would be a fine buy.

The only problem I would have with a 32 Sunsation is that it has less free board than the Sonic, Baja, AT, etc.... Nice boats though, I live in Michigan and see a LOT of Sunsations and know several people who own them and love them.

Have you considered the 33 Challenger Offshore? I spent an entire day on Whitey's recently (including some time at the wheel) and think that for the money, they are an awsome boat. Well built, good handling, and a HUGE cockpit and cabin. The water patrol at Lake of the Ozarks runs the 28' version of this boat and they love them (and they are quick too!).
Old 10-20-2002, 11:33 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

JROMY2,

I boat all summer in fresh water. I only use the boat in the salt in the spring when I go down to pick it up and the fall when I drop it off. I have several friends who have never boated in the salt waters and they can't believe I take mine out there. Then they look at my 4 yr old boat see that if its rinsed off properly then you'd never even know I use mine in the ocean and gulf. The other factor to consider is that AT is a S. Florida builder and they use all the good stuff to avoid corrosion issues.

As far as a trade in is considered...I don't know. We could possibly work something out with Active Thunder. If the deal was run through them and I make a deal for a 37'...who knows what we could make happen. All we can do is ask the questions.
Old 10-21-2002, 06:19 PM
JROMY2

Todd,

How does the Active Thunder compare size/weight/cabin/cockpit/etc. to the Sonic 31? I like the looks and walk around deck (and it seems like everyone is happy with the finish etc.) I haven't been on one up close though. Like everyone suggested, I am a big fan of buying a slightly used boat versus new.

Also, what chances do you think there are with the factory doing anything with a trade? My Checkmate is a 2000 259 Convincer, HP 500 w/ hydraulic steering, silent choice etc., loaded. I can have my mechanic provide details on the motor-it isn't a stock Mercruiser (but close). The boat is in excellent shape (only two seasons use 5 months out of the year).

Feel free to email me at [email protected]

Old 10-22-2002, 11:40 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

JROMY2,

Just sent you an email.
Old 10-22-2002, 01:10 PM
hughandlinda

Todd's AT is awsome! Think of it as a sonic that has been lengthen buy 2' made lighter and made to look alittle like outerlimits(side/side helm) It's in sweeet condition except those darn bolster locks, right Tracy! The sonic is a great boat, but is a 31 and has a built-in swim platform, the AT has a bolt on so it's a true 32'.
Talk to the guys at Sonic you could get a sweet deal on a late model. Jay Ross @ Sonic has a 2002 with twin 496 HO and very low hours you can get a great deal on
Best of luck!

Quick Reply: Same old question...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.