Notices

496 ho questions

Old 01-12-2018, 12:52 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts
Default 496 ho questions

Getting ready to do a set of Dana Marine/MWI Flow Torque headers and planning to do a pcm tune at the same time.
Have read all the good and bad on the Whipple tune but no information on the BoostPower tune. I’m leaning towards the BP tune solely off the communications I’ve had with both. Alexi seems way more customer service attitude where Whipple seems snobby and just outright “ours is the only way” attitude. But I’m yet to hear from anyone who’s done the 496 tune through BoostPower
thanks for any help
Old 01-12-2018, 05:55 PM
Registered

Received 124 Likes on 84 Posts

No experience with BP. This will be my 3rd summer on my Whipple Stage 2 tune 496 HO. Excellent results. Nothing but good things to say about it. If you call Whipple and want in depth tech info, it's not going to happen.
Old 01-13-2018, 12:30 AM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Well and sadly your last sentence is exactly why I’m looking at BoostPower. I know in the big realm an ecu flash is pennies to these shops, but Alexi has treated me as tho I’m looking to buy some big hp shiny motor.
My only curiosity is the before and after from people. Found a few with his tune work but they all have bought the boat already tuned, but still speak highly of the customer service they’ve received as second hand owners of BP products which truly speaks volumes.

Just really looking for that before and after insight, but hoping to just ship ecm off tomorrow to them.

Last edited by 25Orion; 01-13-2018 at 01:16 AM.
Old 01-13-2018, 09:47 AM
Registered

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts

I did the Whipple tune on mine.. Pulls harder in the midrange..
I used to be down 5mph on 100 degree days, NOW it pulls to 71 MPH regardless of ambient temperature..

Sent my ECU to Whipple.. got it back in less than a week.. Runs GREAT ! What more do you need ?