Outerlimits Completes SL 52, Bringing New SL 44 To Miami >

Outerlimits Completes SL 52, Bringing New SL 44 To Miami

Notices

Outerlimits Completes SL 52, Bringing New SL 44 To Miami

Old 01-23-2018, 02:45 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Full Force
The 52 coming local to a friend of mine, that’s a bad boat!!!
Talk about the ultimate great lakes / island go fast and you can comfortably overnight on it! Hope to see it around this summer.
Old 01-23-2018, 02:57 PM
Registered

Received 169 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
I think Dan K. is doing a fantastic job and can't see why the owners deaths would make a difference.

2 things that would concern me way more:

1. Lack of a high volume center console to bring in revenue (Nortech, Sunsation, Cigarette, MTI all have popular ones)
2. If the owners of OL got killed driving their products and those 2 guys had more "wheel time" than anyone on the planet then what chance does a new buyer have behind the wheel? Mike was running the boat at the edge sure but from published reports Joe was going 50 mph or so.
Agree 100%. No one knows those boats better than those guys. I would be pretty intimidated after 2 owners pass away from boat crashes within a few years of each other. I'm sure they were both just very bad luck, especially since people in both accidents survived relatively unharmed but still. I also wonder why they haven't tried to get on the CC craze. Sure, everyone is doing it but they are doing it successfully and making a lot of money while doing it.
Old 01-23-2018, 03:04 PM
Registered

Received 938 Likes on 505 Posts

Originally Posted by PremierPOWER
I also wonder why they haven't tried to get on the CC craze. Sure, everyone is doing it but they are doing it successfully and making a lot of money while doing it.
I think the CC craze has kept performance boat companies in business considering the I/O sportboat market has evaporated in the last 10 years. Sunsation has abandoned I/O stuff completely, not too many I/O products coming from the Cig/Nortech.
Old 01-24-2018, 10:58 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
I think Dan K. is doing a fantastic job and can't see why the owners deaths would make a difference.

2 things that would concern me way more:

1. Lack of a high volume center console to bring in revenue (Nortech, Sunsation, Cigarette, MTI all have popular ones)
2. If the owners of OL got killed driving their products and those 2 guys had more "wheel time" than anyone on the planet then what chance does a new buyer have behind the wheel? Mike was running the boat at the edge sure but from published reports Joe was going 50 mph or so.
I think anyone can survive when times are good and it appears that Dan K is really stepping up. I agree that the center console market is the strongest and OL is missing the preverbal boat by not having a presence there. As for the owners dying in the boats, its hard to say but in my eyes OL does seem to be tied to a lot of accidents. MHO
Old 01-24-2018, 11:17 AM
Registered

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Outerlimits website says "44CC" Coming soon. Seems they are getting into the CC market.
Old 01-24-2018, 02:29 PM
Registered

Received 62 Likes on 36 Posts

They built one that went overseas . Has trip yanmars I Beleive. I’m sure that first one wasn’t there ideal first build for a cc but being a custom boat builder you build what the customer wants. An outboard OL CC I think would be a Home run . There’s good people behind outerlimits and I hope nothing but the best for them. Keep up the good work !
Old 01-24-2018, 04:03 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

I personally think the CC market is becoming saturated, there are many CC available.
Old 01-24-2018, 07:46 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by MINK
Talk about the ultimate great lakes / island go fast and you can comfortably overnight on it! Hope to see it around this summer.
You will, he goes to both PIB and KI alot
Old 01-25-2018, 07:46 AM
Registered

Received 938 Likes on 505 Posts

Originally Posted by baja27
I personally think the CC market is becoming saturated, there are many CC available.
There are still less performance CC's out there today than there were I/O sportboat companies just 15 years ago.

I think the Mystic/MTI CC's are beasts.....too big, too much fuel carried, too much HP to get 70-80 mph speeds but they are certainly selling. I thought the same about Black Thunders also.
Old 01-25-2018, 09:48 AM
Registered

Received 277 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by PremierPOWER
Agree 100%. No one knows those boats better than those guys. I would be pretty intimidated after 2 owners pass away from boat crashes within a few years of each other. I'm sure they were both just very bad luck,.
I would say it's more bad luck than anything.

* Mike's could have happen to any cat building company. At those speeds and with those cross winds, it went over. All the big companies have had a blow over in a big cat at speed. It's tragic but it happens.
* Joes was a low speed accident that everyone else walked away ok from. However from the story told it seems like a bad timing and bad luck scenario unfolded and sadly Joe Passed away from it.

There is a lot of OL boats out there running around just fine. They have a big enough sample size that I would not put this on their designs but just to bad and tragic luck.