Where has all the excitement gone? >

Where has all the excitement gone?

Notices

Where has all the excitement gone?

Old 02-18-2018, 08:54 AM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by SecondWind
Beautiful pic Nate. I’m just talking trash to get through these cold Midwest winter months. We have a 2004 American Offshore that I paid 31K for 4 years ago and we love it! If that’s your Statement in the pic I couldn’t afford to fill it up with gas!
Winter talk is all the fun every year, no worries.

Not my Statement, very close friends that we go out with often. You can find my Sonic in that youtube link you posted, i have videos of it there. I sold it 2 years back and bought a small CC we sold in 17, now no clue whats next but we have a seat every weekend on thr Statement so hard to not just take that offer lol.
Old 02-18-2018, 09:18 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nate5.0
The CC's are just easier for this area.

I am sure i have seen ya at eggmont. Just a couple yes ago we would have my Old sonic, a big yellow and orange MTI, the 41 Apache, a 38 donzi, and Ray Hamkys old school 35.

Now all thats left is Rays boat and the Apache but the apache owner got a twin diesel 54 sea ray and now the apache never leaves and we all went to CC boats.

I think we all love power boats and maybe if we had a lake and a short season a lot might still have them. In this area though the CC works the best and gets there juat as fast these days.

Taking a couple Statements today to american social on Harbor island, should be a good run.
If you see a (probably only) Velocity with a purple bimini up on the gulf side, swing in to say hello. Just don't let me board that Statement... might drool on the interior!
Old 02-18-2018, 12:29 PM
Formerly: Screaming Eagle Boats

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

One of my favorite Skaters.

Old 02-19-2018, 06:59 AM
Registered

Received 763 Likes on 412 Posts

we had a lot of fun and excitement yesterday! perfect day and was 81 and sunny.

Where has all the excitement gone?-15q2lqf.jpg
I'm flying in March 1st so I hope your weather holds!!!
Old 02-19-2018, 08:14 AM
Registered

Received 693 Likes on 277 Posts

What this place needs is ........ More cowbell !!!!!
Attached Thumbnails Where has all the excitement gone?-walken-cowbell_ds.jpg  
Old 02-19-2018, 09:09 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The CC's are just easier for this area.
I am sure i have seen ya at eggmont. Just a couple yes ago we would have my Old sonic, a big yellow and orange MTI, the 41 Apache, a 38 donzi, and Ray Hamkys old school 35.
Now all thats left is Rays boat and the Apache but the apache owner got a twin diesel 54 sea ray and now the apache never leaves and we all went to CC boats.
I think we all love power boats and maybe if we had a lake and a short season a lot might still have them. In this area though the CC works the best and gets there juat as fast these days.
Taking a couple Statements today to american social on Harbor island, should be a good run.
We hit Egmont or Passage Key almost every weekend in the summer, we'll watch for you guys. We have a Pachanga 22, which isn't really a "go-fast" by the standards of this board but we've still got a healthy big block that makes noise. We were looking at the boat styles during Gasparilla and it's crazy how the CC's are everything. We saw one bright cat (Spectre maybe, we didn't get too close) and one all white Fountain and 1 or two Baja's. Other than that is CC, big cruisers or small runabouts. My shops works on a lot of boats and we might see 1-2 go-fast a year. We've got a 32 Sunsation that we did last year coming in for more work before the Tampa Bay Poker run. Otherwise, its fishing boat city around here
Old 02-19-2018, 09:37 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by luke81
We hit Egmont or Passage Key almost every weekend in the summer, we'll watch for you guys. We have a Pachanga 22, which isn't really a "go-fast" by the standards of this board but we've still got a healthy big block that makes noise. We were looking at the boat styles during Gasparilla and it's crazy how the CC's are everything. We saw one bright cat (Spectre maybe, we didn't get too close) and one all white Fountain and 1 or two Baja's. Other than that is CC, big cruisers or small runabouts. My shops works on a lot of boats and we might see 1-2 go-fast a year. We've got a 32 Sunsation that we did last year coming in for more work before the Tampa Bay Poker run. Otherwise, its fishing boat city around here
Keep an Eye out for ya as well!

That all white fountain is a friends and he had just finished the rebuilt on it the weekend before and he was prob running with his buddy that has a newer style 32 Spectre Cat that is red and grey.
Old 02-19-2018, 09:48 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
I'm flying in March 1st so I hope your weather holds!!!
I hope so to. It has been just perfect out!
Old 02-19-2018, 10:11 AM
Registered

Received 1,421 Likes on 793 Posts

now no clue whats next but we have a seat every weekend on thr Statement so hard to not just take that offer lol.
Wouldn't it just be a Statement CC?

Issue I have the CC I could buy with what i would get out of my boat would not come close to having the performance or be near as nice.

It would be a old slow fishing boat, I have no desire to fish and like performance. OB cats are cool but even more single focused and insurance is nuts, in FL.

So for now I am stuck with my reliable HP500EFI 85 mph closed bow V. Next boat no idea, but if it doesn't have performance I will have to get it somewhere else. I have been a gearhead my whole life and love it, bikes/cars/boats! I just like to drive things.
Old 02-19-2018, 12:17 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
Wouldn't it just be a Statement CC?

Issue I have the CC I could buy with what i would get out of my boat would not come close to having the performance or be near as nice.

It would be a old slow fishing boat, I have no desire to fish and like performance. OB cats are cool but even more single focused and insurance is nuts, in FL.

So for now I am stuck with my reliable HP500EFI 85 mph closed bow V. Next boat no idea, but if it doesn't have performance I will have to get it somewhere else. I have been a gearhead my whole life and love it, bikes/cars/boats! I just like to drive things.

Even being friends with the owners a Statement CC is still a bit out of reach for us at this time but it is a hope in the future to get a 35 from them.

We went out again yesterday with Nick as well in his trip 38 and my buddies 35 duel Merc boat. We ran just a touch slower then the 38 with triples, had a cruise of 49-51 mph area and got her up into the mid 60's with more to go. That was every bit as fast as my Sonic and we had 9 people on boat, room to spare, and the ride was out standing, hard to beat that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.