Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Beware Lake Texoma Area Engine Builder! >

Beware Lake Texoma Area Engine Builder!

Notices

Beware Lake Texoma Area Engine Builder!

Old 10-21-2002, 08:50 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wouldn't be opposed to naming names if I have proof. You can't lose a liable suit if what you say is true and you have proof. Yes they could sue you, but if they lose then that is even more proof that they cheated you.

It bothers me more when I get cheated then someone later says, ya, same thing happend to me, I could have told you that. That is what really irks me. Look at blister boy and Donzi, do you think he would have gotten satisfaction he hadn't raised all kinda hell? What about the guy that had the Bajaboats.com site that used to rip baja, but won an arbitration to keep from having to cough up the site name to Baja? I'm sorry but right is right and wrong is wrong.

People get away with this because no one is willing to step up and say how it is.

And now back to your regular programing.

Last edited by Von Bongo; 10-21-2002 at 08:59 PM.
Old 10-21-2002, 08:53 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what's done is done. i don't want to pursue it any farther. i've been cheated. i learned my lesson. i just want to save someone else the trouble.
Old 10-21-2002, 09:43 PM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts
Unhappy I know how you feel

These guys sweet talk you just to get your stuff into their shop and then the honeymoon is all over with!

Here's a word of wisdom when dealing with some of these sweet talking engine builders; get a QUOTE and get it in WRITING, then have them SIGN IT and make sure that if you put any money down that it is written up on an invoice showing that it is for parts. Do NOT pay in advance for any labor. I know of a guy who asked for a quote and got one, but made the mistake of NOT getting it in writing and also made another mistake of paying in advance and didn't ask for a copy of the invoice and the invoice was later lost/misplaced----how convenient and he was still taken for a ride. He was a good paying customer too.

They're the ones who lost his invoice----you'd think they'd give him the bennefit of the doubt---nope! But they sure as heck made sure THEY got the bennefit of the doubt though!

The guy goes to pick up his stuff and they hand him a BIG suprise! Meanwhile they have all his stuff in their possesion and THEY KNOW IT! So he pays the bill just so he can rescue his stuff and then later find assembly/parts mistakes in the valve train.

The guy ended up giving some money back so you can say he at least did that, but it was nothing near the amount he was cheated.

I won't say who it is, but if the shoe fits---wear it!

Sounds like you got it pretty bad from this guy. It's stuff like this that grinds me to the bone!
Old 10-21-2002, 09:52 PM
Registered

A friend of mine sued him and won, only thing it took
five yrs to get it settled.
Old 10-21-2002, 10:14 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Sorry to hear about what happened. I'm in the DFW area and if you're looking for someone reputable that knows his stuff I've got the guy. He's got my boat right now making it a little funner. Don't know where you are in Texas but I towed 5 hours to bring mine to him down on Lake Travis. My boat is not quite in the same class as 99% of the boats on this forum but this guy does awesome work on monster HP stuff but also keeps us family boaters going just a little faster than the next guy. Email if you'd like his phone and/or email to give him a call at his shop. You can give him a call and see what you think. I know of people that drag their boats across the country literally, for him to do the work, build engines, rig etc.

Oh, he swings through the OSO neighborhood from time to time as well. You may see in his sig "Full Throttle Marine".

Last edited by SeaRay Jim; 10-21-2002 at 10:21 PM.
Old 10-22-2002, 05:40 AM
Registered

i do have a written quote. that's where it shows pistons included in the rebuild price. on the build sheet no pistons were installed. he still wanted the full price of the quote and he didn't do all the work. that was only one issue. there have been many issues. he installed a cam and hydraulic roller lifters without me authorizing the work. he tried to charge me over $1000 just for those parts and would not give me the cam specs. hmmmm. when i asked why he did that he gave me some excuse why the hydraulic roller setup was the way to go. turns out i already had a hydraulic roller setup in my engine. i had him remove those parts from my engine. and again he installed them without my direction. this is another of the examples.
Old 10-22-2002, 05:44 AM
Registered

most of the install issues i'm upset about i'm findng after the fact. i did notpay him until the work was done. i have a quote inwriting. but i did not crawl on my head upside down in the engine compartment when i picked the boat up. on the surface, the install work looked half ass. now that i have had time to go through the boat carefully i am finding coolers not even hooked up. they must be for decoration. and many other things installed improperly. things that do not take any more time to do properly, they just weren't done.
Old 10-22-2002, 05:50 AM
Rick252

Question

I feel bad about your experience. A while back I asked OSO members in my area about any experiences with a local builder. I must have received 20 replies. Some said he was the worst and don't deal with them to.. He was the best. Who knows ??

Old 10-22-2002, 06:07 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Sorry to hear about your misfortune.

We all work hard for our money and its B***S**T to have someone take advantage of us.

I haven't run into that as of yet, but I'm learning the tricks of the trades on this board.

I use Victory Marine back in Houston and I've had good luck with them, and will continue to use them until something happens.
Old 10-22-2002, 07:12 AM
Registered

Man, that stinks! Why does it seem so hard to find honest people these days?

Quick Reply: Beware Lake Texoma Area Engine Builder!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.