Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Beware Lake Texoma Area Engine Builder! >

Beware Lake Texoma Area Engine Builder!

Notices

Beware Lake Texoma Area Engine Builder!

Old 10-22-2002, 09:58 AM
Brad Perry

Thumbs up

No question that it needs to be on THIS board. I just don't know about the liability aspect. What if Joe Dip$hit from lake texoma gets made because nothing but bad things are going on his review. Would he sue the members reviewing him or the board? How would you keep people honest about their reviews? What would stop someone from slandering a business because of a personal quest? Those things would have to be figuered out. It doesn't do anyone good if it turns into slanderfest.

Maybe the board god should give it a think.

Old 10-22-2002, 10:04 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how does ebay avoid a slander fest? i think the same concept would easily fit this board.
Old 10-22-2002, 10:17 AM
Brad Perry

I think it's probably more an issue of numbers. When some guy that nobody knows is selling bookcases on ebay and rips off a customer somehow, nobody else knows or cares, unless they are looking to buy bookcases. The table is turned here, almost all of us are looking for Engine stuff, whether it be service or power. I would guess that we would all pay close attention. That is also why we wield considerable power ourselves. But I can see it now, "so and so did engines for a racer in apba and I don't like apba, so I must not like his gardener either, blah blah blah..". Some people don't know when to quit. How do we keep that from happening??

I think there are many marine businesses that surf this site, but taking part in it can be like wading through a shark pool for them.

If somebody decided to slander a business under this forum, they would undoubtedly take on a new user name every time. If that can be revealed, it might work.

Old 10-22-2002, 10:28 AM
Registered

Default Good Engine Builders/Rebuilders

I have been lucky. I have had two experiences with boat mechanics that also build engines.

The first is Jim Burns of Regency Marine in Rowlette, TX (near Dallas). Jim is the owner and chief mechanic. He is awesome! 972-475-0100. He treated me fair, and I know of other people that are happy with him.

The second is Bob Lloyd of Full Throttle Marine in Spicewood, TX (near Austin). Bob is the co-owner and big-block mechanic. He is also incredible! 830-693-5591. I know of several people that are very happy with him.

I only had one conversation with the Texoma mechanic, but it left me with a bad feeling, so I never went back.

Good luck in whatever you do, Dredge.

Last edited by Clay Washington; 10-22-2002 at 10:42 AM.
Old 10-22-2002, 11:05 AM
Brad Perry

Well, there you go, I think the guy is a psycho and Clay thinks he's great. Freedom of opinion at it's best.

Old 10-22-2002, 12:18 PM
DanL

OSO would never allow its users to rate vendors or advertisers or prospective advertisers. After I banged on one of their paid-up advertisers for beating me pretty good, Jeffrey pm'd me and asked me to stop because they were pissed about the bad press. I called the advertiser to straighten things out and was told whats done is done, we won't refund you. With that in mind, the powers that be still insisted that I lighten up. Thats part of the reason they conveniently can't locate my charter membership.

Old 10-22-2002, 02:25 PM
Brad Perry

Ahhh...........the power of money!

Old 10-22-2002, 02:26 PM
Brad Perry

I thought we did this for the love of the sport?

Old 10-22-2002, 07:29 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

There you go, another plug for Bob at Full Throttle Marine.

He's got my boat and I'm anal as hell but I trust him 100%.
Old 10-22-2002, 08:12 PM
Registered

see, we have some postive responses for another guy. the peer ratings work, they are not organized on the board and it's difficult to find postive or negative comments on vendors. had i known more about Full Throttle, i may have gone there instead of going to the wrong guy.

Quick Reply: Beware Lake Texoma Area Engine Builder!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.