Notices

Sunsation 32 Innovator

Old 06-29-2018, 04:35 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by BUP
Always wondered about the 32 for balance with big blocks especially 496 s. The 32 is not even 32 ft long. The swim platform is long inwhich shortens the bottom running length even more. IMO rough water with heavy big blocks for a very small 32 might not be as good with engines alot less weight ? Just wondering if anyone ever did a 32 with LS engines and really lighten up the back ?
I think the balance is fine with the ss hull, They will run right with most 35's and ride better than others.
Old 06-29-2018, 09:35 PM
Registered

Received 83 Likes on 59 Posts

Cool lifting helm, until someone needs to get into or out of the cabin while under way.
Old 06-29-2018, 09:43 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,168 Likes on 499 Posts

Looks great but honestly, what were they thinking?
If you don't use the cabin then it's fine so why did they build a nice full cabin? Theres no point having a cabin if access is so poor.

Keep looking for a conventional layout, that one is "Too Goofy".

RR

Last edited by rak rua; 06-29-2018 at 09:45 PM.
Old 06-30-2018, 06:22 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 28 Posts

Looks like its a love or hate it style. With the doors closed it looks really cool. I offered the guy what I thought was fair money for it and he said he would get back with me. Said He had a few people looking at it. I told him I had the money and did not need to get a loan so we will see what happens.

Chris
Old 06-30-2018, 07:28 AM
Registered

Received 370 Likes on 196 Posts

I like it. Cockpit is somewhat cramped but 99.9% of the time it is just my wife and me. On the plus side it appears to be a nice deep cockpit.

Padraig
Old 06-30-2018, 07:55 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,168 Likes on 499 Posts

Originally Posted by Blueabyss
Looks like its a love or hate it style. With the doors closed it looks really cool. I offered the guy what I thought was fair money for it and he said he would get back with me. Said He had a few people looking at it. I told him I had the money and did not need to get a loan so we will see what happens.

Chris
Good luck Chris, hopefully he comes back to you with good news.
I'm sure that layout would eliminate a few potential buyers but if it suits you, then that's great. Don't forget, it may also knock out a few buyers down the track when you want to sell. It looks very sharp but it's not for everybody.

RR

Old 06-30-2018, 08:26 AM
Registered

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by BUP
Always wondered about the 32 for balance with big blocks especially 496 s. The 32 is not even 32 ft long. The swim platform is long inwhich shortens the bottom running length even more. IMO rough water with heavy big blocks for a very small 32 might not be as good with engines alot less weight ? Just wondering if anyone ever did a 32 with LS engines and really lighten up the back ?
When tied up to a 32 Sunny our 311 appears much longer. Tyler Crockett did a 32 with small block nascar engines, I believe it ran very well but he would have to comment on the handling.
Old 07-02-2018, 08:54 AM
Registered

Received 765 Likes on 413 Posts

32's, both the old Dominator (non-stepped) and the newer 32 S/SS/SSR's have been built with 6.2L's from the factory. Teague liked the balance of the boat better with the small blocks but I've ran hard in big water in both hull types with big blocks and the boats fly level.

Didn't know Dave was back with Sunny. That is good news.

The cockpit on this boat is no different in size than any other 32 Sunny. You just have the center mounted seats vs. split bolsters. Once both sides of the dash are opened, it is actually easier to access the cabin than with the single sliding door.
Old 07-02-2018, 09:22 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,278 Likes on 559 Posts

As mentioned, there have been several different 32' Sunsation models, so you have to make sure you compare apples to apples. There were several 32' Sunsations Dominator SINGLE BBC based boats that were legal for Factory 1 racing back in the day. The 32' Innovator was the first one with the deeper hull. Eventually, the 32' Dominator (short transom) was phased out, and the "SS" was born, with the older Dominator-like deck, on top of the SS deep hull. Then the XRT and some other deck changes were options, but the hull from the Innovator is what stuck.