Notices

Sunsation 43 f4

Old 08-15-2018, 01:42 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,248 Likes on 541 Posts

Originally Posted by needone
Thanks guys for the input and for lending a hand in finding one. I was leaning toward the 43 because the wife wants more space and headroom in the cabin. Anyone know the headroom height of the 36 and the 43?
What exact year and model 32' Sunsation do you have now?

Please, someone correct me if I am wrong, but it's my understanding that the 36' Sunsation was the same exact boat from the bolsters forward as the later model 32' Sunsation SS Dominator (with the deep hull). The 36' was derived by adding 4 feet to the REAR of the late model 32' to accommodate staggered power, and also created a huge sunpad.

IF you have a very early model 32' Sunsation with the shallower/tapered aft gunwale height, the 36' would be an upgrade in the aspects that your wife wants.
However, if you have the ~2007 or later 32' Sunsation (SS, deep hull) you will not any difference.

Now, the 43' Sunsation on the other hand...
...is CAVERNOUS compared to the other models. It's a massive boat.
Old 08-15-2018, 01:55 PM
Registered

Received 760 Likes on 410 Posts

The 36 would give more headroom and a dedicated head in the cabin over the non-stepped 32 Dominators. It is identical the the newer 32's (S,SS,SSR's, XRT's).

The length of the 36 over the 32 was added to the cockpit and engine compartment areas. You could do a staggered or side by side configuration. The side by side will give you more cockpit space.

The cabin of the F-4 is identical to a 38 PP.
Old 08-15-2018, 02:34 PM
Registered

Received 91 Likes on 55 Posts

I'm 6'2". I would have to bend my neck down to stand right at the door of the F4. I'd say at the deepest section, the entry, you have close to 5'9" to 5'10". But as you walk forward toward the seating and birth, it gets shallower quickly. I'd guess the headroom in the enclosed head was closer to 5 feet. All in all, if a key thing you are looking for is more cabin room, the F4 would be your best bet. The 36 will be noticeably deeper than your dominator, but no comparison to the F4.
Old 08-15-2018, 02:38 PM
Registered

Received 91 Likes on 55 Posts

By the way, the cockpit in the F4 is very deep, especially leaning back in the bolster looking over the wind fairing. My wife is only 5'2", she would have a hard time seeing over that front wind fairing. It's great if you are around 6 feet though. It is night and day to your dominator where the depth in the cockpit is kinda shallow.
Old 08-15-2018, 04:05 PM
Registered

Received 82 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by needone
I am a long time 32 Sunsation owner and am looking to step up to the F4. Does anyone know of one available?
I don't know the guy or where he's from - but some guy has a nice red one. He hits a few of the mdiwest poker runs (saw / ran with him at Shootout and LC Poker Run last year). Both events are coming up quickly - make a plan to go and see it for yourself. It was either a 700sci or Illmor boat, but can't remember. I spoke to him at the dock, but I'd been drinking....
Old 08-15-2018, 04:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks again guys for all the info. I have a 2001 Dominator with twin 540 cu in (700 hp), so the 36 would be an upgrade in cabin space, but I want to go all the way so that I never have to look back. I have a call into Joe at the factory to try to locate one but since there may be less than twenty out there I could use all the help I can get.
Old 08-15-2018, 04:32 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,248 Likes on 541 Posts

Originally Posted by ALL_IN!
I don't know the guy or where he's from - but some guy has a nice red one. He hits a few of the mdiwest poker runs (saw / ran with him at Shootout and LC Poker Run last year). Both events are coming up quickly - make a plan to go and see it for yourself. It was either a 700sci or Illmor boat, but can't remember. I spoke to him at the dock, but I'd been drinking....
They built 1 with the Ilmors; and Indy drives. It also did NOT have a cabin liner. Craig Mytelka, who built the boat had another 43 Sunsation before he built that one. He said the Ilmor boat was considerably lighter, and ran completely different than his first one.
Old 08-15-2018, 04:56 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ALL_IN!
Illmor boat
Old 08-15-2018, 04:58 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
PBC had one for sale not long ago but I no longer see it listed. As Mental said, I wouldn't discount the 36 in the classifieds. Those are even more rare than the F-4 and do quite well in the rough.

https://www.offshoreonly.com/classif...sr-o72912.html

Mental this would make a nice replacement for the SeeDoo. Just sayin'...
This 36 is made for canada, Look where the exhaust exits the the transom. This boat will never sell here in the states.
Old 08-15-2018, 05:24 PM
Registered

Does anyone no how many 36s where made

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.