Notices

Sunsation 43 f4

Old 08-16-2018, 06:54 AM
Registered

Received 765 Likes on 413 Posts

Originally Posted by fasthawk6
This 36 is made for canada, Look where the exhaust exits the the transom. This boat will never sell here in the states.
I saw the underwater exhaust setup. Definitely limits the audience here in the states. Could be converted down the road when the engines are pulled for a refresh. Wouldn't be cheap though filling the transom, paint, new tailpipes, etc.
Old 08-16-2018, 08:08 AM
Registered

Received 1,023 Likes on 540 Posts

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
I saw the underwater exhaust setup. Definitely limits the audience here in the states. Could be converted down the road when the engines are pulled for a refresh. Wouldn't be cheap though filling the transom, paint, new tailpipes, etc.
I remember seeing (or rather hearing) one of the first NT cats with underwater exhaust. I thought it was a great idea, at idle the noise is muffled, up on plane it is loud. What is there not to like!
Old 08-16-2018, 01:41 PM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

There should be at least 3 or more running around up in Michigan. I know there was 1 1075 boat but the majority of them were 700/NXT setups.
Old 08-17-2018, 07:49 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
What exact year and model 32' Sunsation do you have now?

Please, someone correct me if I am wrong, but it's my understanding that the 36' Sunsation was the same exact boat from the bolsters forward as the later model 32' Sunsation SS Dominator (with the deep hull). The 36' was derived by adding 4 feet to the REAR of the late model 32' to accommodate staggered power, and also created a huge sunpad.
You are correct on the 36 being a "stretched" 32 with a bit of work/updated done to the bottom and the center of gravity and the like. From the helm forward it is basically the same boat besides some minor changes (potentially) to the bottom.

The F4 however is not based on any other Sunsation is is totally its own thing and actually based on the 38/39 Powerplay molds (from what I have heard they, sunsation, bought the tooling) with a minor amount of changes, the most obvious being the tradmark sunsation swim deck on the back and a whole hew deck.

As far as the number made of the F4 I think I heard there was 13 produced, give or take
Old 08-17-2018, 08:32 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by gsxrmike
You are correct on the 36 being a "stretched" 32 with a bit of work/updated done to the bottom and the center of gravity and the like. From the helm forward it is basically the same boat besides some minor changes (potentially) to the bottom.

The F4 however is not based on any other Sunsation is is totally its own thing and actually based on the 38/39 Powerplay molds (from what I have heard they, sunsation, bought the tooling) with a minor amount of changes, the most obvious being the tradmark sunsation swim deck on the back and a whole hew deck.

As far as the number made of the F4 I think I heard there was 13 produced, give or take
Sunny did not buy the PP tooling. They had Dan make them a complete, non-rigged 38. Then the fun began. A 32 nose was grafted onto the front of the hull, the boat was cut in half and lengthened, the bottom was completely reworked from a 2 step to a 5 step configuration, a new dash and fairing were constructed, the built-in swim platform was added, etc., etc. Only the cabin liner remained untouched with the exception of grafting multiple molds into one. Even the hull sides were modified. It was quite an interesting process to watch both as progress was posted on Sunny's old website and in person at the factory. I was there the day they had just added the nose and Wayne was cutting chunks out of the hull sides and Plexus'ing them onto the other side of the boat. Crazy the amount of work that went into creating a new buck from the PP. The molds were also top notch from the use of ceramics to how much supporting pipework was used along with them being motorized. And then '08 came along and rendered all the investment obsolete before it could really take off.
Old 08-17-2018, 09:17 AM
Registered

Received 92 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
Sunny did not buy the PP tooling. They had Dan make them a complete, non-rigged 38. Then the fun began. A 32 nose was grafted onto the front of the hull, the boat was cut in half and lengthened, the bottom was completely reworked from a 2 step to a 5 step configuration, a new dash and fairing were constructed, the built-in swim platform was added, etc., etc. Only the cabin liner remained untouched with the exception of grafting multiple molds into one. Even the hull sides were modified. It was quite an interesting process to watch both as progress was posted on Sunny's old website and in person at the factory. I was there the day they had just added the nose and Wayne was cutting chunks out of the hull sides and Plexus'ing them onto the other side of the boat. Crazy the amount of work that went into creating a new buck from the PP. The molds were also top notch from the use of ceramics to how much supporting pipework was used along with them being motorized. And then '08 came along and rendered all the investment obsolete before it could really take off.
How we remember, and have it detailed with several hundred pics. It took awhile. This is the day we found out it went from a 39 footer to 43'4".

Old 08-17-2018, 09:33 AM
Registered

After months of molding, filling and sanding, the mold finally gets made.

Old 08-17-2018, 09:37 AM
Registered

And finally the test drive, and christening. That was a memorable project.
Old 08-17-2018, 09:55 AM
Registered

Who's that handsome guy standing in the cockpit liner?! Pretty sure that is the day we left the factory late morning and drive straight thru to LOTO and then proceeded to get sideways to 3 or 4 in the morning like we used to when we were younger. Then boat all day Saturday!
Old 08-17-2018, 10:02 AM
Registered

The day we popped the champaign on the front deck I took 2 steps forward, slipped and fell on my ass. Started to slide off into the water but stopped about a foot from being in the drink. Mitcher T had that deck slicker than snot for test drive day. I guess we shouldn't have shook that champaign bottle that much.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.