Notices

Sunsation 43 f4

Old 08-17-2018, 10:18 AM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts

No matter how you slice it it's a damn shame they gave up the powerboat market. I had been looking at going bigger and looking at the 38 staggered fountains but really I am not that impressed with them. The only thing I see better over my 32 is the ride but twhat would expect with 6ft and a couple thousand pounds but everything else is a downgrade.
Old 08-17-2018, 11:23 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
Sunny did not buy the PP tooling. They had Dan make them a complete, non-rigged 38. Then the fun began.

Who is Dan? Just curious as I want to know the real story,

I only repeated what I remember reading on the old Sunsation forum, as I obviously wasn't there.
Old 08-17-2018, 12:37 PM
Registered

Received 92 Likes on 56 Posts

He's was the owner of PowerPlay.
Old 08-17-2018, 02:07 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by gsxrmike
Who is Dan? Just curious as I want to know the real story,

I only repeated what I remember reading on the old Sunsation forum, as I obviously wasn't there.
If you want 80 pages of the whole build - go here. It brought back a lot of memories for me to go back through it.

New 43 Sunsation F4 - pictures
Old 08-17-2018, 02:10 PM
Registered

Hmmm, not sure why it's showing page not found since I cut and pasted from it. Try this instead, it is the link to page 80.

​​​​​​New 43 Sunsation F4 - pictures

Last edited by Mentalpause; 08-17-2018 at 02:13 PM.
Old 08-17-2018, 03:25 PM
Registered

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Another great boat is the nortech 3900 super v. Large cockpit and large cabin.
Old 08-18-2018, 07:20 AM
Registered

Received 950 Likes on 510 Posts

Originally Posted by fasthawk6
No matter how you slice it it's a damn shame they gave up the powerboat market.

They didn't "give up the powerboat market"..............it simply evaporated! I bet they didn't build three I/O boats in the previous 2 years. The CC's are whats selling so if you want to build boats you better build what will sell. Sunsation/Nortech/Cig would be out of business if they didn't focus on the hot CC market. How many Cig I/O boats have you seen in the last year? Fountain? Donzi?

Now imagine owning a 10 yr old I/O boat and wanting to sell it to a market that isn't buying!
Old 08-18-2018, 09:19 AM
Registered

Received 238 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Now imagine owning a 10 yr old I/O boat and wanting to sell it to a market that isn't buying!
not sure what the market is where you are from,but around here (ILLINOIS) they cant keep used performance boats in stock,,almost every boat store has a sign in the front asking to buy or broker used Perf boats.
Old 08-18-2018, 09:49 AM
Registered

Knowing Wayne, the last thing he wanted to do is get out of the performance boat business. I imagine used performance boats are at OK sales right now. There is a market for the used boats, and a few new ones. The problem is the market isn't strong enough to keep as many manufacturers involved that there were from 2000-2007, when it was at the pinnacle. It appears to me the new market for performance boats has now shifted to mid size cats with 400s. Maybe more important, the shift to the OB market is on fire. There is a reason the backlog for ordering a 350 or 400 Verado is 5 months now, and not getting shorter anytime soon. Sunsation had some pretty lean years after the capital investments into the F4 and 36. All they did is was start building the kind of new boats people were starting to buy.

There in lies the issue for the OP. If you're stuck on one specific model that had limited production, you might be looking for awhile and paying a premium price. As others have said, there are other options in that large V market, like the NorTech, TGs are always nice. It might be a good idea to include a handful of make/models that fit the criteria of what you want.
Old 08-18-2018, 01:37 PM
Registered

Received 950 Likes on 510 Posts

Originally Posted by boatnt
not sure what the market is where you are from,but around here (ILLINOIS) they cant keep used performance boats in stock,,almost every boat store has a sign in the front asking to buy or broker used Perf boats.
The only time you see a I/O performance boat in Florida is when there is a poker run in town.

Shogren, Pier 57 I guess couldn't keep enough used performance boats in stock! Formula just phased out the 292 Fastech due to low demand. Nortech/Sunsation stopped I/O production completely due to no demand. AT is trying to sell their I/O demo from 2014, yet they have built a few OB boats and they are delivered. If this is the market for new then it is only a matter of time before the demand dries up in the used end also. Once the banks stop financing the used I/O or ins. companies stop insuring it stuff due to age then that market is done forever.

Look at the Apaches, the most legendary boat ever built yet they languish in the classifieds for years.....that 41 for 85K is a ton of boat for the money!

Last edited by Jupiter Sunsation; 08-18-2018 at 01:39 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.