Cigarette cafe racer

Old 11-04-2002, 03:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice to see all those Cafe Racers they bring back some great early times. cb
Old 11-04-2002, 05:48 PM
Registered

Cigarette1-I like the cafe your selling.Im looking for one thats clean.I got to go in one at havasu during the poker run in september.Storm and Reeses boat.I think you might know them.I also have to sell my boat first though,a 30 scarab that looks like the twister game.cheap,cheap.I would really like more info on your boat though.[email protected].
Old 11-04-2002, 07:12 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Cignificant
Just guessing, but I'd say anywhere from $45K for a "needs TLC" to $90K for a "georgeous with big power"
A little light on the top end. I've been looking for a long time, the average price is going to be in the $70's to 90's. Receintly I saw a 94 that they are asking $175K for (for that kind of money I think you could own Ruckus)

I almost bought one last year for $90 but they couldn't tell me anythng about the custom motors and when you have big blowers you better be able to tell me who built them and have a lot of information.

I see american dream is for sale in the low $120's and has big power. Boats seem to vary greatly, trs vs bravo, hydraulic steering vs none, updated dash & gagues and so on which is to be expected I guess with something in that old.
Old 11-04-2002, 07:40 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Since we have all this Cafe knowledge floating around (pun), I've got a stupid question. (Never asked it before - too embarassed)

How does this electric head work? Specifically, there are two valves on the hoses coming in from the hull. One is for the water intake that feeds the head, the other is in the outlet hose for pumping out the holding tank. At what point should I have these valves open/closed? Obviously, the inlet valve needs to be open to flush, but should I close it when running? Should I leave the outlet vlave closed except when dumping the head.

As you can see, we use the enclosed head for storage...