Platinum Member

Received 876 Likes on 325 Posts

The Razz vid is classic.
Old 10-30-2018, 02:46 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by baditude
He’s being released from the hospital today
Glad to hear he is doing well. That area is usually not choppy except if there"s a lot of boat traffic. We had driven by it earlier in the day and had lunch in the area and conditions looked good.
Old 10-30-2018, 03:49 PM
Registered

Received 73 Likes on 40 Posts

Glad to hear Yeves is ok. I have bent one tie bar and sheared the end off another after launching off a wake and landing one one sponson before the other. The shear was due to metal fatigue the other was when the mid came out of the cradle after launch. Bungeeing my drives into the cradle solved one problem. Metal fatigue is hard to determine without magnifluxing. Tiebars are easy to fabricate and cheap from a material standpoint. I never understood the high costs for tiebars and associated components.
Old 10-30-2018, 04:02 PM
Registered

Received 950 Likes on 510 Posts

If a long time powerboat owner (of epic boats I might add) has trouble running an 800 HP small cat, then I'm smart enough to realize I certainly don't have the talent to do it!

Bring back the old heavy straight bottoms and leave the top speed runs to the guys with the helmets on.
Old 10-30-2018, 04:05 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 809 Likes on 263 Posts

Originally Posted by thisistank
Wonder if he had any cameras running?
Old 10-30-2018, 06:12 PM
Registered

Received 395 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by bulletbob
Glad to hear Yeves is ok. I have bent one tie bar and sheared the end off another after launching off a wake and landing one one sponson before the other. The shear was due to metal fatigue the other was when the mid came out of the cradle after launch. Bungeeing my drives into the cradle solved one problem. Metal fatigue is hard to determine without magnifluxing. Tiebars are easy to fabricate and cheap from a material standpoint. I never understood the high costs for tiebars and associated components.
You can see the tie bar flexing in the DW video that Tank posted.
While it’s certainly not related to the accident, I’m thinking larger diameter material might be in order on a tie bar of that length.
Old 10-30-2018, 06:55 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
If a long time powerboat owner (of epic boats I might add) has trouble running an 800 HP small cat, then I'm smart enough to realize I certainly don't have the talent to do it!

Bring back the old heavy straight bottoms and leave the top speed runs to the guys with the helmets on.
I do believe he lost one of his friends in his 41 apache some years back running hard.
Old 10-30-2018, 07:01 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I was not talking about prop rotation but the fact that the engines had to turn outward to bend the tie bar.
Like I said the boat probably came down stern first on one side driving that motor over against the other bending the tie bar.

Just like push rods - larger diameter and or thicker material.
Old 10-30-2018, 08:16 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 14 apache
I do believe he lost one of his friends in his 41 apache some years back running hard.
In Razz?
Old 10-31-2018, 10:05 AM
Registered

Received 3,258 Likes on 1,054 Posts

Spoke to a friend of Yves. He's fine. Broken vertebra, will heal. Like some people deduced, boat caught some air, came down funky on a sponsor. Didn't go over.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.