Notices

Winter sux ;-)

Old 02-01-2019, 08:36 AM
Registered

Received 910 Likes on 392 Posts

-24 and -26 the past two mornings in SE WI. Talked to guys who live in the sticks in northern WI that said they saw -38, that’s without any windchill, -60s with windchills. Absolutely brutal and painful. Wrapping up the extension cord from having the block heater plugged in is comical. This Sunday and Monday it’s supposed to be mid 40s, that’s a 60-70 degree swing, like going from 30 degrees to 90-100.
Old 02-01-2019, 09:51 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 508 Likes on 279 Posts

First pic is the snow drift at my door, the next is at the end of the driveway. I had to wait until the municipal blower came down my road to even think of getting out, good thing I know his cell number a was able to reach out to him!

Old 02-01-2019, 09:53 AM
Registered

Received 4,933 Likes on 1,393 Posts

I love this time of year.
The colder the better, it`s great for business.
-24 the other day just means I turn on the heated jacket to high and wear a hat. Not the end of the world like the news would have you believe.
I`m dreading this 50* weather in the next few days.. it`s a white beautiful wonderland right now.. rain pisses me off, should be more snow.
Old 02-01-2019, 10:09 AM
Registered

Received 408 Likes on 226 Posts

Originally Posted by IGetWet
-24 and -26 the past two mornings in SE WI. Talked to guys who live in the sticks in northern WI that said they saw -38, that’s without any windchill, -60s with windchills. Absolutely brutal and painful. Wrapping up the extension cord from having the block heater plugged in is comical. This Sunday and Monday it’s supposed to be mid 40s, that’s a 60-70 degree swing, like going from 30 degrees to 90-100.
Yeah man, it was -26 here in pewaukee Wednesday morning..... It was feeking brutal out there. Poor wife's car wouldnt start it was so cold. Still ran out to Kwick trip for Milk... Where you at in WI?
Old 02-01-2019, 10:28 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by J-Bonz
Yeah man, it was -26 here in pewaukee Wednesday morning..... It was feeking brutal out there. Poor wife's car wouldnt start it was so cold. Still ran out to Kwick trip for Milk... Where you at in WI?
I live in slinger, but travel all over the state, MN and da UP for work. It can only get warmer from here right?! I don’t mind it when the temps are in the teens, I can still get out and go for a run in that. Single digits are ok... Any wind gets painful when there’s a dash in front of the number.
Old 02-01-2019, 12:27 PM
Registered

Received 123 Likes on 41 Posts

This winter has just been a pile on of the rest of the year. We had the wettest week, month (July of all months) and year on record in these parts. Worse yet we beat the rain record in Mid November with weeks still to go. We also had many un-named wind storms that ripped roofs off of houses this spring. Luckily we got past them with just some shingle damage and all of this was after the winter that never seemed to end last spring. Just re-upped my boat's towing insurance. Got high hopes this year. Fingers are crossed.
Old 02-01-2019, 03:36 PM
Registered

Received 408 Likes on 226 Posts

Originally Posted by IGetWet
I live in slinger, but travel all over the state, MN and da UP for work. It can only get warmer from here right?! I don’t mind it when the temps are in the teens, I can still get out and go for a run in that. Single digits are ok... Any wind gets painful when there’s a dash in front of the number.
Nice, I used to keep my boat up in Jackson off of PV and Division... You boat mostly up in Winnebago?
Old 02-01-2019, 05:38 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by J-Bonz
Nice, I used to keep my boat up in Jackson off of PV and Division... You boat mostly up in Winnebago?
You got a full box j-bonz, PM box
Old 02-02-2019, 05:07 AM
Registered

Received 479 Likes on 219 Posts

I was fishing just a few day ago! (obviously, NOT in Lake Erie)...

Old 02-02-2019, 09:04 AM
Registered

Received 167 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
I love this time of year.
The colder the better, it`s great for business.
-24 the other day just means I turn on the heated jacket to high and wear a hat. Not the end of the world like the news would have you believe.
I`m dreading this 50* weather in the next few days.. it`s a white beautiful wonderland right now.. rain pisses me off, should be more snow.
I agree, if it’s going to be winter it might as well be cold. I just got our ice rink the way I want it and now going to be 50 on Monday. Pisses me off

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.