Doug Wright's quest to Build Bigger, Badder cats

Notices

Doug Wright's quest to Build Bigger, Badder cats

Old 12-18-2018, 07:32 PM
Registered

Received 588 Likes on 352 Posts
Default Doug Wright's quest to Build Bigger, Badder cats

Just my .02c

I've noticed a lot of changes from the Doug Wright factory, both in number of employed workers and production of new boats. I've also seen on occasion cats from major manufacturers who frequent the DW facility, there to make some glass work on the hull bottom to be faster and more reliable on the race course.

I've seen older 24 foot cats that have been altered for faster, safer performance.

The quick turnaround of the tooling is another mystery. Or is it pure, authentic, high caliber engineering. The two Wrights work side-by-side. One designs and runs the 5-axis CAD machinery, the other manages the builds and delivery.

I can only see the pros when it comes to design and engineering with CAD. The resultant mold is perfectly flawless. When molds are designed by CAD and not by mere eye-ball, the mold is perfectly symmetrical, which is fundamental to ultra high performance boating.

The DW 32 has already surpassed the many rigors of boating challenges both on and off the race course. And with the introduction of the 32RT, their pleasure-boat version of the renowned 32 Race and utilizing Acrylico's wrap windshield, the 32RT is being snatched up left and right from every production run of it. Currently there are 3 DW32's on order.

The DW 360 has been an overnight success and more builds are already listed for 2019.

The DW 420, has already had its fair share of publicity prior to even being delivered to her customer. With another DW 420 build soon to begin, it seems that Doug Wright is filling the public's quench for bigger and faster cats, which brings us back to the very title of this thread; "Doug Wright's quest to Build Bigger, Badder cats".

What will the Doug Wrights' build next?

Old 12-18-2018, 07:33 PM
Registered

The DW 50 perhaps?

Last edited by noli; 12-18-2018 at 07:36 PM.
Old 12-18-2018, 07:48 PM
Registered

Received 62 Likes on 36 Posts

Love the Doug Wright’s ! Great lines. The cad design mold work must save them a lot of time on work after the boat is popped from the mold as well . Initial cost must be high but time saving ( labor costs ) must pay in the end. Why don’t they finish the boats themselsves though ? Or do they finish some ?
Old 12-18-2018, 09:11 PM
Registered

Received 852 Likes on 231 Posts

Last edited by Skater30; 12-18-2018 at 10:13 PM.
Old 12-18-2018, 09:15 PM
Registered

Dale, my reference to bigger cats is the DW 50

Old 12-18-2018, 10:14 PM
Registered

Received 852 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by Skater30
Originally Posted by noli

Dale, my reference to bigger cats is the DW 50

Got ya Noli, I deleted my post.
Old 12-20-2018, 02:33 PM