Registered

Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Drain plug

Looks like OSO is going down like SOS.
Old 01-18-2019, 12:16 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 123 Likes on 78 Posts

Back in the day some threads would be on the second page within a few hours.
Old 01-18-2019, 09:47 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,932 Likes on 971 Posts

Huh????? There is less activity than there used to be mostly because of all the social media stuff people are on, but still plenty of reading and resources.
Old 01-18-2019, 10:44 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Eventually everybody else will get fed up with “interested!”, “next”, etc., and the lack of in depth knowledgeable responses on social media and end up back here.

I have no urge to deal with all the idiots on social media who don’t even own a boat but are compelled to give their opinion anyway. The idiots around here suit me just fine.
Old 01-19-2019, 08:21 AM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 296 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by Griff
Huh????? There is less activity than there used to be mostly because of all the social media stuff people are on, but still plenty of reading and resources.
i actually prefer the message boards over social media like FB. Still seems like higher quality information and easier to keep track of here. I dont post as much as i use to but that because i'm so friggin busy lol . . . . i gotta make time to check in more often. There is still a great amount of tech stuff here and i think thats what a lot of people come here for. I also think the quality of members here, although smaller in numbers these days, is second to none . . . .
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 01-19-2019, 08:29 AM
Registered

Received 295 Likes on 108 Posts

Agree with Dave , everyone on here that's still here is a excellent quality of powerboat loving people. The people who really do have "A Love for the sport ! "

Fakebook is just that, fake for the most part . We do not participate in that in our household. Technology has come a long way, but does not need to be so imbedded in our humble household and will never be.

Big thank you to all that are on OSO , y'all are the true die hard men and women of the sport!

GOD BLESS !
Old 01-19-2019, 10:20 AM
Registered

Received 144 Likes on 96 Posts

OSO is still my favorite thing to check in at. FB is useful to reach a wider audience quickly where Eddie Young, Jeff Harris, etc have chimed in and helped, but 90% of the answers are garbage and thoughtless. Here most people know each other and conversations are much better.
Old 01-19-2019, 10:21 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,198 Likes on 1,427 Posts

Originally Posted by Speedracer29
Eventually everybody else will get fed up with “interested!”, “next”, etc., and the lack of in depth knowledgeable responses on social media and end up back here.

I have no urge to deal with all the idiots on social media who don’t even own a boat but are compelled to give their opinion anyway. The idiots around here suit me just fine.
Don't fool yourself, there's plenty on here also

Last edited by F-2 Speedy; 01-19-2019 at 10:51 AM.
Old 01-19-2019, 10:36 AM
Registered

Received 800 Likes on 377 Posts

There def seems to be a lot less traffic on here but the quality of the info is much higher. Lots of old school dudes still on here that refuse to do the FB thing.

Most of the FB crowd seem to be younger inexperienced boaters who think they know everything...like me!!!

i prefer OSO to any other platform. As someone mentioned I think it’s a matter of time before people start coming back. Just my opinion.
Old 01-19-2019, 11:03 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 866 Likes on 325 Posts

Originally Posted by F-2 Speedy
Don't fool yourself, there's plenty on here also
True.

Not as crazy as it once was. We haven't had a good bashing thread in 2-3 years.

Remember:
Cobra and 1075 rebuilds
Shooter and 540's
Any Pantera build threads
CardShark threads
Those were the good old days!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.