Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Donzi go fast outboard cat on the way. >

Donzi go fast outboard cat on the way.

Notices

Donzi go fast outboard cat on the way.

Old 01-21-2019, 03:39 PM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

So in your ice cream shop analogy. If my ice cream shop is doing well and working I shouldn’t add milkshakes because someone else sells them. I have yet to see you post anything positive about anything new boat related. It must suck to be that miserable.

Good luck to all the builders still trying. Can’t wait to see the 1350/1550 42 and 47 being built.
Old 01-21-2019, 04:14 PM
Registered

Received 950 Likes on 510 Posts

Originally Posted by Crude Intentions
So in your ice cream shop analogy. If my ice cream shop is doing well and working I shouldn’t add milkshakes because someone else sells them. I have yet to see you post anything positive about anything new boat related. It must suck to be that miserable.

Good luck to all the builders still trying. Can’t wait to see the 1350/1550 42 and 47 being built.

Nice shift.........Would you consider Donzi a successful boat builder right now or even in the last 5 years? Expanding a successful business is a totally different subject than trying to jumpstart a brand from the past.

Did you not read my last post how I thought Dan K/ Outerlimits should be the feel good story of the year? (Hint that is very positive )
Old 01-21-2019, 04:24 PM
Registered

Donzi is under the iconic umbrella and they seem to be doing well. Hence the successful part. Yes. Outerlimits sells what 1 boat a year maybe? They are your comparison?
Old 01-21-2019, 04:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I feel like under the Iconic umbrella they're working to position Donzi as a more luxurious offering, with Fountain being the "sporty" offering. Look at the 41 GT Donzi, that's basically a water limo rather than a pure performance boat. I'm wondering if this cat is going to follow that same direction.
Old 01-21-2019, 05:44 PM
Registered

Received 62 Likes on 36 Posts

[QUOTE=Crude Intentions;4669100]
Donzi is under the iconic umbrella and they seem to be doing well. Hence the successful part. Yes. Outerlimits sells what 1 boat a year maybe?

Last edited by Bostonirish; 01-21-2019 at 07:49 PM.
Old 01-21-2019, 05:47 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 876 Likes on 325 Posts

Donzi is under the iconic umbrella and they seem to be doing well. Hence the successful part. Yes. Outerlimits sells what 1 boat a year maybe? They are your comparison?
Uhh...check your sources
Old 01-21-2019, 06:16 PM
Registered

What sources? If they have put more out that’s good. I only rememeber the crypto boat recently. I don’t track how many they build but it’s certisnly not the amount that are put out by a lot of other builders.
Old 01-21-2019, 06:22 PM
Registered

Received 1,421 Likes on 793 Posts

Originally Posted by luke81
I feel like under the Iconic umbrella they're working to position Donzi as a more luxurious offering, with Fountain being the "sporty" offering. Look at the 41 GT Donzi, that's basically a water limo rather than a pure performance boat. I'm wondering if this cat is going to follow that same direction.
I think you are right, so that will be interesting to see what the Cat is. Most cats are pretty focused.

Fountain also is the CC builder for Iconic. They have built a fair number of those.

And of course Baja, when you start adding it up they have been building some boats.
Old 01-21-2019, 06:23 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,161 Likes on 496 Posts

JS does that. All his posts basically claim boat builder should just stop building boats. Most negative poster on the board. I hope they all do well. It’s a gamble but hoping for the best.
Yeah, I'm familiar with the postings of J.S. There's a bit of truth in much of what he says on OSO but I don't always have the energy to get involved. Sometimes easier just to refer it to those who enjoy a battle of words.

RR
Old 01-21-2019, 06:56 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,943 Likes on 1,336 Posts

Apparently, the listing above—since removed—was created by a new and somewhat confused dealer for the Iconic Marine Group brands. Mistakes happen. It's certainly not the end of the world.

All I will add to this discussion is this: While success is never guaranteed, the people at Iconic know—to the unit—exactly what is selling in various segments of the high-performance marine industry. (I know because they've been gracious enough to share the data.) They are neither guessing nor entering the catamaran segment blindly.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.