Donzi go fast outboard cat on the way. >

Donzi go fast outboard cat on the way.

Notices

Donzi go fast outboard cat on the way.

Old 01-22-2019, 07:45 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Crude Intentions
Curious. Which 5 outerlimits came out last year?
Here are the ones I can think of, is this enough to make you believe its not 1 or 2 boats a year? I'm sure I could produce pics....
Green SL 44
Grey Green and blue SL 44
Grey blue and Yellow SL 52
White black and Red stripe SL 50
all white SVX 50
all white 29

If you look at speed on the water report I believe it says they will have 5 boats in production at one time soon.
That is alot for a custom boat builder.
Custom interiors, custom paint, custom dash, floors, sunpads, hardware, dash, on and on, pretty much anything a customer wants. These things dont get made in production like any of the boats made from Iconic. I'm not saying it's bad I'm just saying it's different and it takes longer to build each part of each boat.
Old 01-22-2019, 07:51 PM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

Again you’re proving my point that JS brought up outerlimits in this thread when they aren’t even the same business model as they don’t produce a lot of boats every year. . Thanks for that though.
Old 01-22-2019, 07:55 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

I can only find the crypto and the 29. So 2 confirmed. I was just told above 5-10 a year. I’ts really not that important howbwr they don’t put out many boats. Not a bad thing just facts. While not as custom iconic puts out a lot more boats. Plenty of CCs. So I can see them venturing into a hot market that while seems over saturated they are going to a larger version which has already been mentioned very few OB cats over 40.
I confirmed 6 for you and I may have missed 1 or 2.
No they dont make production boats like Iconic. The CC that Fountain and Donzi are making are nice boats but production boats not like the MTI or some of the Nortech or now the DCB center consoles which some of are very custom boats.

If and when the new bigger hp merc motors come out I think the bigger cat outboard market will heat up and you will see a few more people venture into the 40 ish foot mark. Iconic / Donzi could be on the leading edge if things work out. Not sure about the 4 engine thing but time will tell on that one.
I think the demand for these outboard cats and potentially V bottoms will only grow since the reliability and cost of ownership seems to be a big plus compared to the I/O's
Old 01-22-2019, 08:00 PM
Registered

Received 938 Likes on 505 Posts

Again you’re proving my point that JS brought up outerlimits in this thread when they aren’t even the same business model as they don’t produce a lot of boats every year. . Thanks for that though.
You made the statement I only make negative comments....... I posted just the day earlier that Dan K/OL would be the feel good story of 2019 (positive).

You said yeah but they only make 1-2 boats a year...... Several people disputed that, some offered specific descriptions of built boats.

Now you backpedal and say I brought it up? Hmmmmm

I'd bet OL will make 10X the gross revenue this year that Donzi will and OL put more boats in the water in the last 5 years than Donzi did in the last 10 (pretty amazing considering the tragedies at OL). I'd say their business model is going pretty good.
Old 01-22-2019, 08:41 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
You made the statement I only make negative comments....... I posted just the day earlier that Dan K/OL would be the feel good story of 2019 (positive).

You said yeah but they only make 1-2 boats a year...... Several people disputed that, some offered specific descriptions of built boats.

Now you backpedal and say I brought it up? Hmmmmm

I'd bet OL will make 10X the gross revenue this year that Donzi will and OL put more boats in the water in the last 5 years than Donzi did in the last 10 (pretty amazing considering the tragedies at OL). I'd say their business model is going pretty good.
It's only going to get better for OL!!!!!!!
Old 01-23-2019, 05:55 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

that center seat reminds of the loneliest man in town for you young guys that was the maytag repair man ad look it up
Old 01-23-2019, 07:43 AM
Registered

Received 1,389 Likes on 776 Posts

Originally Posted by hustlerguy
I think the demand for these outboard cats and potentially V bottoms will only grow since the reliability and cost of ownership seems to be a big plus compared to the I/O's
This is something I don't get when you are talking the 450-600HP range for I/O's. The airboat and ski boat market has went to the LS platform or Ford OHC.
These guys have been getting 2500-3000 hours out of the SC 550HP LS motor and soon the new direct inject LT-4 GenV LS will be out that is in the 650HP range. Seems to me that is pretty reliable HP and if they matted it up to something like a IMCO SCX (anything non-bravo), you would have a very reliable package.

I have said it before the only reason OB are more reliable is Merc has not put any engineering into that range of power. They have decided to move to OB for it.

Again I don't run a performance boat company but for the boats in the 30-35 foot range seems Fountain/ DONZI/ Baja or Velocity could offer both a OB and a I/O version and maybe pick up some sales.

Not everyone can afford a 500K plus custom built boat, whatever it is (CC, V, or Cat).

The best thing is it does seem there are more options at this point.
Old 01-23-2019, 10:42 AM
bck
Charter Member#568
Charter Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I've noticed that myself Wildman, all these super reliable outboards are 300- 400 horsepower. An I/O putting out 300-400 hp is also very reliable. Seems like outboards making 300 hp are constantly being compared to the reliability and maintainance schedule of I/Os making 2-4x the horsepower. Then couple that with people knowingly and willfully overpowering their drive ( big power/bravo) and creating their own problems which isn't really even an option with outboards. But now we're getting way off track.
Old 01-23-2019, 11:05 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 48 Likes on 24 Posts

What is really a custom boat vs a production boat?
Old 01-23-2019, 12:15 PM
Registered

Received 1,389 Likes on 776 Posts

Originally Posted by VoodooRob
What is really a custom boat vs a production boat?
I would say a production boat would be a company that builds boats for a dealer to have on site. A custom builder only builds to the end users specification. The end user chooses everything more or less rather then here is what we build and a few options.

Of course most production will do a custom build but not all of their builds are.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.