Notices

PFD search help needed

Old 02-24-2019, 09:42 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PFD search help needed

We are currently looking to upgrade or add onto our current stock of life vest that we keep on board the boat. Currently we have Bodyglove pfds. I know there are multiple brands and styles out there which are type III vests which are coast guard approved. There is also the option of Lifeline, not USCG approved. Some of the bigger name brands are O'Neil, Bodyglove, Hyperlite, Mustang and Stearns. REI, LLBean and others have their own models as well. What are people wearing and how comfortable are they?? We mainly wear our vests during poker runs or if we are just lounging in the water. Any comments would be appreciated.
Old 02-24-2019, 03:16 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RollWithIt
We are currently looking to upgrade or add onto our current stock of life vest that we keep on board the boat. Currently we have Bodyglove pfds. I know there are multiple brands and styles out there which are type III vests which are coast guard approved. There is also the option of Lifeline, not USCG approved. Some of the bigger name brands are O'Neil, Bodyglove, Hyperlite, Mustang and Stearns. REI, LLBean and others have their own models as well. What are people wearing and how comfortable are they?? We mainly wear our vests during poker runs or if we are just lounging in the water. Any comments would be appreciated.
The Lifeline vest are likely the best if you get ejected. The best life vest won’t help you or your crew if all don’t wear them. We both always wear our Lifeline vest when we are on plane. What are the odds someone could get ejected and get hurt even with Lifelines?.....likely higher than you think.
Ben

Last edited by BenPerfected; 02-24-2019 at 03:19 PM.
Old 02-25-2019, 07:40 AM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

These are great and inexpensive, the speed ratings are pretty good as well.

https://www.jettribe.com/vests-uscg/
Old 02-25-2019, 08:58 AM
Registered

Received 763 Likes on 412 Posts

I use Lifeline's poker run jacket for running hard and O'Neil neoprene for water sports.
Old 02-25-2019, 08:09 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree the Lifeline vests are the best choice for running hard in case of en ejection. Even just getting tossed in the boat they would offer more protection. Poker runs are pretty much our only hard running times since the kid is with us most other times. Running hard being 70 mph....

Those jettribe vests are definitely different with the shoulder grab handles and the side entry.