Super Boat International Suing Key West

Notices

Super Boat International Suing Key West

Old 04-07-2019, 05:26 PM
Chevy-Harley fan
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by tmmii
I hate to sound so negative but this is a big part of why I avoid boat races. Combined with a long drive or decent flight, overpriced hotels to see some races with only one boat driving around in circles. I’d rather go to a baseball game than some of the races I’ve been to.

On top of that there are plenty of racers that have huge heads. If you want fans, don’t act like your cobbled up pos boat is something my wildest dreams couldn’t comprehend. Learn how to take a complement and not use it to talk down to your potential fans. Again I hate to sound so negative and there are some boats I would never have the boat budget to afford but if you are in a P class or factory class and have to use your truck battery because you cant afford a battery for it and your boat, be humble.

I have booked a place for kw this year and hope it is awesome, but again the ego trips and this bs are making me question my decision and the race is more than half a year away. Either way, this is probably the last boat race I attend. My last one was pickwick in 06. No wonder people say boat racing is a dying sport. I keep hearing this is the pinnacle and I hope it works out and is awesome and changes my mind to the point I add it to my yearly must do’s!

November in Key West is an "Event" that also has boat races. I don't think you are looking at the big picture.
Old 04-07-2019, 06:35 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I agree with pete .

the races just give ya something to do during daylight hours
Old 04-11-2019, 12:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Come to the races in St. Clair- Never met a rude race team there, always accessible and great place to watch all the action. At night they have concerts where the bands play on a barge and some of the bands were very famous in their time. And by the way- it's all free.

With OPA gaining more boats in their classes- Pro Stock has 11 listed and may grow - Super Stock has higher boat count than in years, Cats have more boats committed, P1 is going to run here this year- there should be more racing amongst the classes than some venues have seen in years. Can't wait.

Last edited by StClairRaceFan; 04-11-2019 at 12:29 PM.
Old 04-11-2019, 10:11 PM
Registered

Received 1,905 Likes on 743 Posts

Read about them and looks like s great venue.

Another reason to go north 😉
Originally Posted by StClairRaceFan
Come to the races in St. Clair- Never met a rude race team there, always accessible and great place to watch all the action. At night they have concerts where the bands play on a barge and some of the bands were very famous in their time. And by the way- it's all free.

With OPA gaining more boats in their classes- Pro Stock has 11 listed and may grow - Super Stock has higher boat count than in years, Cats have more boats committed, P1 is going to run here this year- there should be more racing amongst the classes than some venues have seen in years. Can't wait.
Old 04-12-2019, 06:04 AM
Registered

Received 692 Likes on 276 Posts

Plus Blue Oyster Cult is playing saturday night..... Im bringing cowbell !!!!
Old 04-12-2019, 07:21 AM
Registered

Received 1,905 Likes on 743 Posts

Bla ha ha!

Originally Posted by phragle
Plus Blue Oyster Cult is playing saturday night..... Im bringing cowbell !!!!
Old 04-12-2019, 08:36 AM
Registered

Received 1,389 Likes on 776 Posts

Old 04-12-2019, 10:19 AM
VIP Member
Platinum Member

Received 75 Likes on 36 Posts

Why can't ALL the race orgs run races during different weeks? More money for KW and EVERYBODY'S HAPPY? Hotels, restaurants, racers, fans....