Super Boat International Suing Key West

Notices

Super Boat International Suing Key West

Old 04-05-2019, 06:20 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,897 Likes on 1,314 Posts
Default Super Boat International Suing Key West

The battle for the five-year contract to produce powerboat races in Key West, Fla., continues, https://speedonthewater.com/in-the-n...suing-key-west.
Old 04-05-2019, 06:26 PM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

SBI is all but done. I guess this is his last ditch effort. Does seem kind of shady with RWO though the only organization with a full schedule is opa. This will be interesting
Old 04-05-2019, 09:57 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 36 Likes on 10 Posts

Key west has made their minds up. Now just a lot of wasted legal fees to go round and round.
Old 04-05-2019, 10:31 PM
Registered

Received 3,219 Likes on 1,044 Posts

Hate To say it (because I hate lawsuits) but if what SBI is claiming is factual, it actually sounds like they have a legit claim / lawsuit. Makes it sounds like there’s some shady back door deals going down.
Old 04-06-2019, 04:29 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 514 Likes on 234 Posts

Isn’t key west broke????
Old 04-06-2019, 06:48 AM
Registered

Received 334 Likes on 131 Posts

If one goes back an reads the earlier threads on this situation it is not hard to understand why Key west would want to break from SBI.

SBI had the smallest proposal for monies with the highest demands for infrastructure to Key West. What do they expect? If you are resting on your laurels, giving the least and making the biggest demands, it is not hard to get an area that wants to replace you.

Besides with all the legals over the last few years where Key West got pulled into the law suits w/SBI, Because they were sponsors etc, realigning the contracts, protecting the city, merchants etc, plus getting a better proposed return to the city, seems like a no brain-er to drop SBI!

Arrogance, type A personalities and egos is why Offshore racing is always in turmoil... Why should we expect less. Personally I think a change may be good. We'll see?
Old 04-07-2019, 10:23 AM
Registered

Received 1,905 Likes on 743 Posts

And been this way from day one ofOffshore Racing.

Originally Posted by bajaholic
If one goes back an reads the earlier threads on this situation it is not hard to understand why Key west would want to break from SBI.

SBI had the smallest proposal for monies with the highest demands for infrastructure to Key West. What do they expect? If you are resting on your laurels, giving the least and making the biggest demands, it is not hard to get an area that wants to replace you.

Besides with all the legals over the last few years where Key West got pulled into the law suits w/SBI, Because they were sponsors etc, realigning the contracts, protecting the city, merchants etc, plus getting a better proposed return to the city, seems like a no brain-er to drop SBI!

Arrogance, type A personalities and egos is why Offshore racing is always in turmoil... Why should we expect less. Personally I think a change may be good. We'll see?
Old 04-07-2019, 01:37 PM
Registered

Received 122 Likes on 58 Posts

Definitely time for a change. Having gone to the races every year since 2001 I can assure you the last 4/5 years have been less bang for the buck. SBI literally takes over the navy pier with their trailers and spectator VIP setup and charges exuberant fees to be a part of their “clic” out there. No disrespect to the racers but the poker run boats are now the draw for the week of festivities.
Old 04-07-2019, 04:06 PM
Registered

Received 1,905 Likes on 743 Posts

Great point.

Ive only been twice but went for the races not the pleasure boats but...., put them on display in a similar area to the race boats...., they might have something.

Originally Posted by sonicss42
No disrespect to the racers but the poker run boats are now the draw for the week of festivities.
Old 04-07-2019, 04:24 PM
Registered

Received 194 Likes on 107 Posts

I hate to sound so negative but this is a big part of why I avoid boat races. Combined with a long drive or decent flight, overpriced hotels to see some races with only one boat driving around in circles. I’d rather go to a baseball game than some of the races I’ve been to.

On top of that there are plenty of racers that have huge heads. If you want fans, don’t act like your cobbled up pos boat is something my wildest dreams couldn’t comprehend. Learn how to take a complement and not use it to talk down to your potential fans. Again I hate to sound so negative and there are some boats I would never have the boat budget to afford but if you are in a P class or factory class and have to use your truck battery because you cant afford a battery for it and your boat, be humble.

I have booked a place for kw this year and hope it is awesome, but again the ego trips and this bs are making me question my decision and the race is more than half a year away. Either way, this is probably the last boat race I attend. My last one was pickwick in 06. No wonder people say boat racing is a dying sport. I keep hearing this is the pinnacle and I hope it works out and is awesome and changes my mind to the point I add it to my yearly must do’s!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.