What is similar to Baja 26 Outlaw SST >

What is similar to Baja 26 Outlaw SST

Notices

What is similar to Baja 26 Outlaw SST

Old 06-16-2019, 07:37 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by madbouyz
Like RR said , it is a bit confusing . Can you confirm that you actually did have the engine running for 3 seconds when you noticed the 0 oil pressure reading ?
The thing that the drive shaft enters at the back of the engine is the coupler and it wouldn't be the source of your problems . As it stands now , IMO , if the engine did start or even turn over for 3 seconds and now it's locked I would guess a very sudden water intrusion into a cylinder . The confusing part (number 2) is that you have all the plugs out now and it is still tight.
It is confusing.
Note one thing,I had oil pressure all the time, the sender was faulty. Now with new sender, it shows pressure immediately. In between I had the sender off, turned 1 revolution and oil poured out. So this is not a no oil pressure problem.
Old 06-16-2019, 08:15 AM
Platinum Member

Received 134 Likes on 80 Posts

But did you actually get the engine started and running or were you just cranking it over on the key ? And then after that it seized ?
Old 10-19-2020, 07:51 AM
Registered

Guys, I posted this long ago, and now I'd just like to update, I have bought another boat for my go-fast needs. A 2006 Baja 245 Boss, with the 425 HP HO. It's in really great shape. Not as wild as my previous 29 Outlaw with twin 6.2s. But: newer, better shape, trailerable, single engine, cheaper. Single engine was important to me, simplicty, and the joy of sitting in the engine room next to the engine instead of having no space and being a contortionist.
I'm now preparing it for winter and looking all the small stuff.

Which brings me to a question, the front pull up cleat won't stay up. How does it stay up? Taken it out, but can't see what keeps it up/deteriorated? Can I repair it? How generic are they if I were to buy a new one? The measurements I see e.g. on Eddie Marine says either 6" or 8", but mine is 7" long. Thanks

Old 10-19-2020, 02:04 PM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

sweet buy! have you had a chance to stretch its legs yet? I keep telling the fiance id like to go bigger but i love how easy my little zx22 is to throw in and out of the water.
The following users liked this post:
SB (10-19-2020)
Old 10-19-2020, 02:57 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by NC03GT
sweet buy! have you had a chance to stretch its legs yet? I keep telling the fiance id like to go bigger but i love how easy my little zx22 is to throw in and out of the water.
No, directly to winter storage in the garden unfortunately. I think it's a great size. I've had 20, 27, 29, and now 24. ZX22 is nice too...

Old 10-19-2020, 03:33 PM
Registered

Received 800 Likes on 451 Posts

Did you ever get the HP 500 issue sorted out?
Old 10-20-2020, 12:03 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by speicher lane
Did you ever get the HP 500 issue sorted out?
No, we're going to court in Germany, claiming to want to return the boat, and get money back, and lawyer paid for etc. Case has not started yet