Notices

SBI Key West???

Old 06-15-2019, 02:23 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 2 Posts
Default SBI Key West???

Did something big happen or have they completely lost their minds??

SUPER BOAT'S NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP MOVES TO KEY WEST

6/13/19, 2:34 PM
The 11th Annual Clearwater Super Boat National Championship™ is moving to Key West in November. Super Boat International will host their National Championship in Key West this year with national championship-determining races taking place November 6th and 8th. The event will run concurrently with the Key West World Championship™ taking place November 6th, 8th &10th.

Super Boat International (SBI) is pleased to announce that the Super Boat National Championship will take place in Key West during the 39th Annual Key West World Champion Race. The move from Clearwater to Key West comes after Super Boat International recently canceled their agreement with the city of Clearwater after a ten-year run.

“Our decade of hosting our national championship race in the city of Clearwater has now come to an end, but we are thrilled to be bringing the magic and excitement of this race to our home shores of Key West and starting a new chapter,” says John Carbonell, president and founder of Super Boat International. “With two great races taking place simultaneously in our beautiful city, we are giving our fans the opportunity of a lifetime to take part in a grand powerboat racing event like no other. We look forward to seeing them and all the teams once again.” Races on Wednesday, November 6th and Friday, November 8th, will determine the 2019 National Championships for SBI. The Key West World Championship race dates are Wednesday, November 6th, Friday, November 8th, and Sunday, November 10th. Champions will be chosen by SBI’s point system.

Super Boat International welcomes all racers to attend their National Championship as well as their Key West World Championship race—the crown jewel of races—produced and sanctioned by Super Boat International Productions, Inc.®

Further news will be announced soon. For more information and updates, visit superboat.com

https://superboat.com/articles/501/S...es-to-Key-West
Old 06-15-2019, 05:04 PM
Registered

Received 413 Likes on 231 Posts

What?
Old 06-15-2019, 06:06 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Yes Someone has lost their mind
Old 06-15-2019, 10:17 PM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

Seems like empty dreams. So they are having a season, nationals and worlds. On a week that is reserved for someone else? This oughta be good
Old 06-16-2019, 04:36 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

They. Might have come to an agreement with RWO?
Old 06-16-2019, 07:40 PM
Registered

Received 44 Likes on 19 Posts

Seems like a long way off, but it really isnt considering what it takes to secure lodging at this event...

Almost sounds too stupid to be true...
Old 06-16-2019, 07:40 PM
Registered

Double post...
Old 06-17-2019, 01:06 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

The contract was awarded to RWO.correct?

you controlled the council in the past.

I think the new blood is done with the bubba system ,backdoor handshakes with envelope in hand .

If by some chance RWO teams up with SBI it will be their undoing.

IF that happens ...Myself and any I can promote will be in fort meyers
Old 06-21-2019, 08:11 AM
Registered

Bump... I would think this would be rather big news? I cant seem to get an answer about what is going on from anyone... typical offshore.
Old 06-21-2019, 08:25 AM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 3,041 Likes on 1,382 Posts

Originally Posted by PigNaPoke
Bump... I would think this would be rather big news? I cant seem to get an answer about what is going on from anyone... typical offshore.
The basics:

1. Race World Offshore and the City of Key West signed their contract this week. The Navy owns/controls the Outer Mole and its adjacent spaces, which means that wet pits and the spectator/common areas. The contract includes allowing RWO to use those spaces Nov. 3-10

2. Both Race World Offshore have permit applications in with the Coast Guard. Neither has been approved at this time. One, none or both (and both RWO and SBI obviously have different opinions on what that outcome will be), the Coast Guard permit process should be complete in the next two to three weeks.

And that's it. Reporting beyond that is speculation.

Hope it helps.

Last edited by Matt Trulio; 06-21-2019 at 08:54 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.