New Owner of a Nordic Heat 28 MCOB

Notices

New Owner of a Nordic Heat 28 MCOB

Old 06-25-2019, 02:32 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 884 Likes on 330 Posts

Originally Posted by Cerberus66
I have read this before from you. I imagine LI sound must have some serious water. Our Lakes like Lake Powell and Havasu can get rough, but nothing that cant be handled. Even the trip to Catalina Islands isnt bad in the Nordic Heat. its pretty common for these boats to make........The last Cat run was actually sponsored by Nordic, several showed and no issues. I am dropping the lower by an inch to help with blow out. and gain some traction with the power i Have.

During August Dog Days, LIS makes Lake Havasu look like the Perfect Storm, otherwise it's a crap shoot. Even with my dinky 496HO I could tell a spacer was needed to get more out of it, good luck and have fun! Sounds like a great power package for that hull.
Old 06-25-2019, 02:34 PM
Registered

Received 45 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Griff
Pretty much everything you posted seems about right. Who built the engine??
More trim generally = more speed. When trimmed to max, the trim rams should not be extended more that 21.75 center to center.
As far as oil temp, it depends on where the reading is being taken--before or after the oil goes through the cooler. As long as you are not getting any condensation or milky oil, I'd leave it alone.
Thanks Griff,
Engine was built by Pacific Powerboats and Arizona Speed and Marine. The intake is 1 of 50 ASM built for GM and Merc racing from what I was told. then they tossed the system on the 8.1 project for the 8.2. I did not know that ASM actually designed and built the intake for the Merc 525 efi motor. ASM says they did, they must know something about motors lol.