Notices

Small boat for kids

Old 07-29-2019, 12:03 PM
Registered

Received 311 Likes on 183 Posts

Whaler's are good fun choice. I also think a sunfish would be a great boat for kidos. No motor to worry about or maintain and it's a lot of fun for adults too. Sailing with them is a great fun way to spend time with kidos. Cheap at around $1,000 with trailer. Will last forever, no maintenance really. Lots of clubs around for racing if they get into that. Can be a time consuming sport or just a fun toy. Light enough they can dolly it down to the shore or trailer to the shore and lift off the trailer themselves. Could probably hitch a trailer or dolly to the back of a bicycle they are that light, could also put it on a pulley system at a slip. I just bought one, still trying to get my 9 year old to sail with me, she is a bit leary, but think I just need to get her out there and flip it over so she can stop worrying about it flipping over. My 5 year old boy likes to sail on it tho.