Spectre Powerboats enjoying the Big Cat Market >

Spectre Powerboats enjoying the Big Cat Market

Notices

Spectre Powerboats enjoying the Big Cat Market

Old 09-24-2019, 01:59 PM
Formerly: Screaming Eagle Boats

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Spectre Powerboats enjoying the Big Cat Market

Alive, Kicking and doing Great! Spectre Powerboats which was originally located in Florida, has enjoyed its new location in Bellefontaine, Ohio for the past 2 years, with 45-year-old owner Todd Lamb at the helm.

Straight from the horse’s (Todd’s) mouth. “I have been so lucky to be involved in the high-performance boat industry my whole life. My dad had us out in his speed boats since we were little. He taught me so much about speed boats and the mechanical side associated with them over the past 40 years.”

So, what is currently going on with the Spectre boats? The first thing we did with the 32’ and 36’ Spectre when they were moved to Ohio years ago, was go through the molds top to bottom and make the changes we saw necessary to make them that much better. They are getting even more modernized as we go. The new 36 is starting to look pretty cool with the new flatter deck changes and full wrap around windshield in the works.

The New 36’ Spectre for 2020

Six years ago, we hung up the race boat manufacturing hats and bought two of the original Talon Powerboat molds. Today, we are 100% focused on just the Spectre 32 and 36 models and of course we get into some pretty exotic repairs and modifications in here. My goal is to have a stellar performance cat and keep it affordable.

Currently we are working on boat number 5 of the 32’ Spectre’s built here in Ohio. The first ones have been a great success with running over the 120-mph mark with twin Mercury 400R’s. The first 32’ Spectre with twin Mercury 450R’s is set to start production this October and another one is right behind it. The new 36’ has gone through a lot of changes and the first one with twin 450’s will be hitting the water in the summer of 2020. We are currently talking with a previous 32’ Spectre customer about a big 36’ with some pretty big Mercury Racing Stern-drive power in his next ride.

What is the difference from the first boats built to the ones we are building now? Most of the previous boats were built using Vinylester resin, balsa core and plywood in the transoms, in the knees and other areas. We only use Epoxy, foam core, 100% all composite materials and infusion in our builds. We have had no issues with the Vinylester boats, but after coming out of the race boat world, working with epoxy all the time, it is hard to go backwards.

I have to thank the customers out there and especially ones like Daren Waligora who went all out on his new 32’ Spectre, it’s paint and interior. Daren has been a great advocate for us and that is priceless in this industry.

Stay in contact with us at www.spectrepb.com or follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/spectrepowerboatsllc/
Old 09-27-2019, 10:19 AM
Formerly: Screaming Eagle Boats

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Four new boats going together. A 32' Spectre out of the molds and getting ready for rigging. I believe the customer is taking this one to Shaun Torrente for rigging. All white 24' heading to Florida for rigging and interior. Another 24' waiting to be final assembled and a 32' in the molds. Not to include the repair work going on, the guys are busy.

Old 09-28-2019, 09:18 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow those are some cool boats