Notices

Offshore in south Florida

Old 11-06-2019, 08:05 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by F14A water jet
Note: Older SR-1 Formula lengths do not include the integrated swim platform.
See attached for a 1988 Formula 311...31'1" to 33'0"
thank you... that explains some of the alleged inconsistency I’ve see with some of the boats.

Anyone have a feel for the impact of beam width on offshore performance? Is it a factor in the selection?
Old 11-09-2019, 09:07 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by offshore312
Looks to be 2 312 Stingers on the east side of Michigan. Looking at one or both of those? They are both Bravo boats, mine had TRS drives. Bravo will be a few hundred pounds lighter. Pulled mine with a F 250, and it was very well behaved on the (Manning) trailer.
I have been looking at those....I'm struggling between a starter OS boat (Stinger) that might need a little work or maybe a 2000MY or newer boat....I do know once I experience off shore (aka a trip from Pompano to Keys), I'll know more about what I need. maybe a 32-35 is fine for what I need, or maybe I'll want to upgrage to a larger boat. IMO, if I start out with less, I'll have less to lose if its not what I think it will be....there are some out there circa 20K and some up to mid/high 40s (for a starter boat)...........I'm kind of in a tough spot...

Or maybe I should go rent one once or twice a year??