Notices

Brand new ZRC Donzi

Old 11-01-2019, 10:05 AM
Registered

Received 325 Likes on 181 Posts

Beautiful boat but dam...that deck must get hot in the sun!

Padraig
Old 11-01-2019, 10:11 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,250 Likes on 543 Posts

I agree with most of the comments above. I am a big ZRC fan; will likely own one at some point, perhaps when I'm done racing cars.

I think overall the boat is beautiful.

Here is my input:
I actually don't like ANY of the switches. I think the push button illuminated switches are much better suited especially on this sleek cockpit design. Instead of toggle switches for footrest, just go with two momentary switches, up and down.
Those screws which are on the edge of the carbon fiber dash panels (around the trim switches) are going to crack the dash panels over time. I've seen it happen on other boats. They need to be set into a metal plate, kind of like the throttles are. And I like to see the 'extra' trim switches closer to the throttles. You are going to have to move your eyes to see which switch you are after.

It would be cool to have Trim-Sync on the boat, but I really like having a lot of switches on the throttles themselves. Then you never have to take your hands off of anything. Some of us like to trim the the boat with the drives primarily; leaving the tabs alone at neutral. As such, having the ability to move both drives with your thumb on the port throttle, and a second switch on the starboard throttle to fine tune ONLY the starboard drive, really worked well for me. A lot of that is personal preference, which could fairly simply be changed by the owner.

Does anyone know if the front seats are on sliders?

Last edited by Sydwayz; 11-02-2019 at 01:16 AM.
Old 11-01-2019, 10:11 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 874 Likes on 323 Posts

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
its beautiful, would love to see it with a full wrap windshield..
I third that!
Old 11-01-2019, 11:08 AM
Registered

Received 363 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
I agree with most of the comments above. I am a big ZRC fan; will likely own one at some point, perhaps when I'm done racing cars.

I think overall the boat is beautiful.

Here is my input:
I actually don't like ANY of the switches. I think the push button illuminated switches are much better suited especially on this sleek cockpit design. Instead of toggle switches for footrest, just go with two momentary switches, up and down.
Those screws which are on the edge of the carbon fiber dash plates are going to crack the dash plates over time. I've seen it happen on other boats. They need to be set into a metal plate, kind of like the throttles are. And I like to see the 'extra' trim switches closer to the throttles. You are going to have to move your eyes to see which switch you are after.

It would be cool to have Trim-Sync on the boat, but I really like having a lot of switches on the throttles themselves. Then you never have to take your hands off of anything. Some of us like to trip the the boat with the drives primarily; leaving the tabs alone at neutral. As such, having the ability to move both drives with your thumb on the port throttle, and a second switch on the starboard throttle to fine tune ONLY the starboard drive, really worked well for me. A lot of that is personal preference, which could fairly simply be changed by the owner.

Does anyone know if the front seats are on sliders?
No the seats are not on sliders. But they are fine. It looks cramped but I can tell you, and Tom will back up the fact that they are really comfortable for people of all sizes. As for the Tab and trim switches, I had both trim and tab switches incorporated into either side of my throttles. I found it too hard to adjust them from the dash in rough water. And as you suggest, I am going to install drive sync's this winter so I don't have to fine tune them at speed.
Old 11-01-2019, 11:13 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
Was the 4 step hull completely different than the 2 step (like they made the 2 bigger steps smaller?) or did they just modify the 2 step hull by adding an additional 2 smaller steps? If it was the latter then there is no reason they couldn't have taken the 2 step hull they bought and used it as a buck to add the additional steps and any other changes to it before pulling new molds. I agree with the statements on the canopies. Deck should have been updated to eliminate the canopy humps and instead have a receiver for a full Jim Lee wraparound windshield.
I think the newer hulls, 2007 and 2008 built boats, have an additional two small steps incorporated but the big steps are of the original design. It did make them a few mph faster but some of the original team members have said they prefer the old style for some reason, and the original design is what was so successful on the offshore circuit.
Old 11-01-2019, 11:21 AM
BUP
Banned

Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

ZRC one of my fav boats -- I understand FULLY sit down ride and the seats hold you in place. -- But at 6 3 - 240 I would hate latter climbing in and out all over the seats plus IMO if a bad situation would take place - time needed to jump over board from that area is not going to happen quickly no matter how you slice it.. Matter of fact I can picture actually getting stuck in between the bottom of the dash and the seat.. . IMO the cockpit needs to be opened up more especially as much width as possible.

My point is even the steering wheel is not dead center of dead middle of the driver seat. Its offset to the left of the middle of the seat.
Old 11-01-2019, 11:22 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,250 Likes on 543 Posts

Originally Posted by Marginmn
No the seats are not on sliders. But they are fine. It looks cramped but I can tell you, and Tom will back up the fact that they are really comfortable for people of all sizes. As for the Tab and trim switches, I had both trim and tab switches incorporated into either side of my throttles. I found it too hard to adjust them from the dash in rough water. And as you suggest, I am going to install drive sync's this winter so I don't have to fine tune them at speed.
I've been in a few of the ZRCs, including the orange one, root beer, and the 'infamous' white/red one once at Smith Mountain Lake. I ask about the sliders for ingress/egress; not driving/riding position. With that leg/knee pad, that looks incredibly tight, and sometimes you need to get in/out quickly.
Old 11-01-2019, 11:24 AM
BUP
Banned

Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

I've been in a few of the ZRCs, including the orange one, root beer, and the 'infamous' white/red one once at Smith Mountain Lake. I ask about the sliders for ingress/egress; not driving/riding position. With that leg/knee pad, that looks incredibly tight, and sometimes you need to get in/out quickly.
Bingo my post above yours. I would be stuck hundreds of times with that set up .

Last edited by BUP; 11-01-2019 at 12:49 PM.
Old 11-01-2019, 11:36 AM
Registered

I have not found egress to be an issue, but if it is for someone the wheels are on a quick disconnect and can be taken off in literally 3 seconds.
Old 11-01-2019, 11:39 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 77 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by F-2 Speedy
Its a very nice looking boat, but the yellow faced gauges and gold bilge don't work for me.
I may be wrong, but the bilge looks like it is black with the lights reflecting, giving it a gold look.
If in fact it is gold, the paint designer needs to be regulated to emptying the trash.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.