Notices

Warm winter vacation spot

Old 11-08-2019, 05:50 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Warm winter vacation spot

Hello all, I posted a thread a while back about my 24 Pantera having some serious engine issues. I am pulling the engine today and taking it to a guy I found who can do a full rebuild for a great price. Being located in Ohio, it is going to get very cold very soon. I have been very busy the past couple years with starting a marine detailing company and have not been able to take a vacation.
I have decided this winter will be a great time to get away, and I figure since the Pantera will be fixed up, why not haul it down south with me and find a great place where I could run it, and enjoy a nice vacation? Here are the biggest things I am looking for in a vacation spot
-warm
-freshwater lake to drop the boat in
-readily fishable water from shore or kayak (my girl loves to fish)
-minimal noise restriction would be a plus as my boat has no mufflers, however I am willing to take my chances that for a few days I won't have any trouble.
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! I have only ever done my boating on the Great Lakes and down around Marco Island Florida in the thousand island area. With so many great options out there, I want to here from you all what your personal favorites are! Distance is pretty irrelevant to me, I do not mind hauling the boat across country at all, my truck is very comfortable and my rig will be more than prepared to tow a couple thousand miles. Thanks guys/gals!
Old 11-08-2019, 07:29 AM
Registered

Received 82 Likes on 58 Posts

For the record, Kentucky is not warm enough! lol
brr!

Good luck with your project!