Apache 22 setup!

Old 01-01-2020, 01:47 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 876 Likes on 325 Posts

Originally Posted by Too Stroked
You might want to read through this thread:

The Re-Birth of an Apache Scout

What you'll find is an exhaustive first hand description of how one of our members (J-Bones) took a boat just like yours from a basket case to what has to be the nicest 22 Apache Scout on the planet. (Maybe even the nicest 22' SOB on the planet!)
That thread is one of the top 10 best threads ever posted here.
Old 01-04-2020, 10:59 AM
Registered

Received 401 Likes on 225 Posts

I am truly humbled by all the kind words about my build. Thanks Tom and Indy! As for set up, I still don’t have much input, I am still running some random OMC prop pulled from a buddies barn. It got my RPMs in range and got me to 56mph. I am bummed with the performance but have had no time to do anything about it = 3 kids. I am hoping this spring to tow up to B-Blades and try a bunch out. I would love to go with a bigger engine but the 200hp is healthy and running. I can’t see spending more cheese as I will want to someday get a bigger boat. I will keep running it til it pukes... Good luck on your quest. They are not the fastest 21’s but do ride good. I was out on Erie coming back in 3 to 4’s and we got thru it, kids actually fell asleep. I was a little, ready to get docked, but the boat ran thru it still on plane
The following users liked this post:
Antti (01-04-2020), ar300johnson (06-27-2020), Padraig (01-04-2020), Too Stroked (01-05-2020)
Old 01-04-2020, 11:05 AM
Registered

Antti,
post some pics of your new boat!
Old 01-04-2020, 12:42 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by J-Bonz
I am truly humbled by all the kind words about my build. Thanks Tom and Indy! As for set up, I still don’t have much input, I am still running some random OMC prop pulled from a buddies barn. It got my RPMs in range and got me to 56mph. I am bummed with the performance but have had no time to do anything about it = 3 kids. I am hoping this spring to tow up to B-Blades and try a bunch out. I would love to go with a bigger engine but the 200hp is healthy and running. I can’t see spending more cheese as I will want to someday get a bigger boat. I will keep running it til it pukes... Good luck on your quest. They are not the fastest 21’s but do ride good. I was out on Erie coming back in 3 to 4’s and we got thru it, kids actually fell asleep. I was a little, ready to get docked, but the boat ran thru it still on plane
You should be humbled! Lot of work and effort you have put on it and it is nice...very nice! =) Well i am quite satisyed to speed and like the way it handles but let´s see if can get the +60mph with this old -88 225 Johnson. I like it when you can go wot and it is perfect still to handle and ofcourse in rough conditions...that´s the main thing to me. And need to remember there is always someone who is faster unless on nice weather unless you spend whole lot a money. I will post when my 10 messages are accomplished! =)
Old 01-12-2020, 12:40 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Antti
You should be humbled! Lot of work and effort you have put on it and it is nice...very nice! =) Well i am quite satisyed to speed and like the way it handles but let´s see if can get the +60mph with this old -88 225 Johnson. I like it when you can go wot and it is perfect still to handle and ofcourse in rough conditions...that´s the main thing to me. And need to remember there is always someone who is faster unless on nice weather unless you spend whole lot a money. I will post when my 10 messages are accomplished! =)
thanks for the kind words. I definitely agree. The boat runs great in the chop and even when it gets bigger. As for speed, I was kind of downing it but, with a family of 3 all below 8yrs old I am ok with it. It’s great to run faster than most and have confidence on how it performs. Heck, I put the oldest on the sticks and my middle kid sitting on my lap stearing and have a blast. Yes I have a hand on both, steering and throttle but it’s great letting them feel the fun!

Did you get your ten posts in yet? I wanna see some pics of this boat already
Old 01-12-2020, 01:37 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by J-Bonz
thanks for the kind words. I definitely agree. The boat runs great in the chop and even when it gets bigger. As for speed, I was kind of downing it but, with a family of 3 all below 8yrs old I am ok with it. It’s great to run faster than most and have confidence on how it performs. Heck, I put the oldest on the sticks and my middle kid sitting on my lap stearing and have a blast. Yes I have a hand on both, steering and throttle but it’s great letting them feel the fun!

Did you get your ten posts in yet? I wanna see some pics of this boat already
Not yet, on my count now i have couple more messages left =D I try to go and talk **** in the forum.
Definetly it´s great that they feel the fun also....and get to boats from very young and learn to drive. Hey what kind of prop you are using?
Question for everybody here!? Is it worth to put trim tabs to Apache with long bracket?? I have smart tabs on my little boat about 15-16feet with 115hp and they work perfect on that...there is no bracket and it is light as hell only 250-300kg.
Old 01-12-2020, 04:24 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 187 Likes on 73 Posts

Not yet, on my count now i have couple more messages left =D I try to go and talk **** in the forum.
Definetly it´s great that they feel the fun also....and get to boats from very young and learn to drive. Hey what kind of prop you are using?
Question for everybody here!? Is it worth to put trim tabs to Apache with long bracket?? I have smart tabs on my little boat about 15-16feet with 115hp and they work perfect on that...there is no bracket and it is light as hell only 250-300kg.
If you want to go fast in rough water, I always recommend trim tabs. In this case they're not needed to get the boat on plane. What they are needed for is controlling the attitude (and thus altitude) of the boat in flight. Properly selected and installed, a good set of tabs will effectively lengthen the hull running surface by the length of the tab. And since the tab is the last thing water sees as it rushes under your hull, the tabs can effectively "trip" the bow back down coming off a big wave as opposed to having it "reach for the sky." Just my 2 cents.
Old 01-12-2020, 04:34 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Too Stroked
If you want to go fast in rough water, I always recommend trim tabs. In this case they're not needed to get the boat on plane. What they are needed for is controlling the attitude (and thus altitude) of the boat in flight. Properly selected and installed, a good set of tabs will effectively lengthen the hull running surface by the length of the tab. And since the tab is the last thing water sees as it rushes under your hull, the tabs can effectively "trip" the bow back down coming off a big wave as opposed to having it "reach for the sky." Just my 2 cents.
Yes i do want to go fast in rough waters and having quite safe performance in rough waters. Your 2 cents was a very good 2 cents.....any recmmendation from tabs?
Old 01-12-2020, 04:35 AM
Registered

NOW 10 is completed! Here is when i bought it. Now doing some cleaning and upgrades during winter..
Old 01-13-2020, 10:30 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 187 Likes on 73 Posts

Yes i do want to go fast in rough waters and having quite safe performance in rough waters. Your 2 cents was a very good 2 cents.....any recmmendation from tabs?
Easiest to install are probably Lencos. Some folks will tell you that nothing less than K-Planes will work and survive. I've had a set of 12x12 Boat Levelers on mine since 1996 with zero issues. And I run the boat pretty hard on Lake Ontario.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.