Notices

Apache 22 setup!

Old 01-13-2020, 12:36 PM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Nice boat. They need lots of setback. Jack plate will be great for adjusting. You said it already has tabs? Let's see a pic of the transom. They are heavy, and if yours has been retaining water it might really heavy.

You could start by running the prop shaft 2 inches below the pad, and work up from there in half inch increments, depending on the propeller. Something like a Trophy or even a Raker will be good to try for overall use. I'd guess you're going to use a 21 to 23" pitch, depending.

Weigh it. Inspect for rot. If it doesn't already have tabs, get it dialed in before you add them, and you may not want them. I would go without tabs on that boat. More pics!

Last edited by blacktruck; 01-13-2020 at 12:56 PM.
Old 01-13-2020, 01:58 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by blacktruck
Nice boat. They need lots of setback. Jack plate will be great for adjusting. You said it already has tabs? Let's see a pic of the transom. They are heavy, and if yours has been retaining water it might really heavy.

You could start by running the prop shaft 2 inches below the pad, and work up from there in half inch increments, depending on the propeller. Something like a Trophy or even a Raker will be good to try for overall use. I'd guess you're going to use a 21 to 23" pitch, depending.

Weigh it. Inspect for rot. If it doesn't already have tabs, get it dialed in before you add them, and you may not want them. I would go without tabs on that boat. More pics!
No there is no tabs, not yet. I have very long set back there and now also jack plate. Well the pitch is real question....now there is 19" 14,25 viper and it gets on plane nicely top speed with two persons 58mph....i have another but i quess it is quite rough 14.00 26p =) I will find few more pitches to try them when summer is coming.
Boat was ok and i didn´t find any rot from nowhere thank god! It has been stored in boat house.

Old 01-13-2020, 02:07 PM
Registered

Old 01-14-2020, 05:39 AM
Registered

Received 115 Likes on 63 Posts
Wink

I'm thinking the trailer is a little too small.
Old 01-14-2020, 05:48 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 186 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary C
I'm thinking the trailer is a little too small.
I'm thinking the trailer is waaay too small. (Both in length and capacity.)
Old 01-14-2020, 05:53 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Too Stroked
I'm thinking the trailer is waaay too small. (Both in length and capacity.)
Hahhaaaaa damn it is in perfect balance there. 😄 It is only short time in trailer other times it is in the water or in storage with stands.
Old 01-15-2020, 10:35 AM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Antti
Hahhaaaaa damn it is in perfect balance there. 😄 It is only short time in trailer other times it is in the water or in storage with stands.
Here's thread of a very similar boat, a restored 22 Activator, also quite heavy like the Apache's. Project Activator

That one has a 6" jack plate, The engine has built in setback of about 4" and a 7" notched transom. The sweet spot for these boats is around 16" of setback, give or take depending on engine weight, boat weight etc. Make sure your hull is straight! That trailer is dangerous.

Old 01-16-2020, 10:15 AM
Registered

Yes i have seen that Activator on Instagram and it is a cool boat!! I didn`t know that activator is also heavy boat. I thought it was same kind like Velocity so nice to know it works fine with hard set back. Really looking forward summer and get to test few props. But before that i have some few little things to do...for example wrapping the deck and creating a small wind shield. =)
Old 02-21-2020, 02:08 AM
Registered

Default Scout got some tapes....

Old 02-21-2020, 12:46 PM
Registered

Received 298 Likes on 179 Posts

Looks awesome. Love these 21-22ft powerboats.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.