Tiger for sale in MI.

2001 lipship
850 Richie zuls
Imco SCX drives
150hrs on new drives and motors and exhaust

Old 01-10-2020, 07:35 AM
Registered

Received 478 Likes on 219 Posts

List price on that Tiger? That's a very nice rig, full cabin or covergirl? Bet it's pretty fast too!
Old 01-10-2020, 08:09 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Full cabin with benches and berth no dining room table
great running clean sharp boat!
Old 01-10-2020, 02:33 PM
Registered

Received 61 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Rossman
Full cabin with benches and berth no dining room table
great running clean sharp boat!
I hope it comes back to New England.
That boat is gorgeous!!
Old 01-11-2020, 09:08 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks to EVERYONE who took the time to respond to my post, it is greatly appreciated!! I personally think I can’t go wrong with Cig, Fountain or O.L. (Hey All_In. I also noticed zero responses about Fountains, which I am a fan of), they are all great boats and I would be proud to own the keys to any of them! I’m just the guy next door who saved up a little money (by no means do I have a padded bank account) and was looking for your opinions overall on the boats to help in my decision. I will keep everyone posted and will state reasons to my decision when finalized in order to help anyone else who is looking for just the facts. Thanks again and if your in the Charlotte (LKN) area or visiting the area, send a message, I’m always up for boat talk or getting out on the water.
Old 01-11-2020, 11:18 AM
Registered

Received 478 Likes on 219 Posts

My advice: you're probably going to be looking at older boats? Do thorough investigation(s) (Survey?) of the structurals and big tickets items. There can be a lot of gremlins with these older boats that will turn your $80K purchase into $125K+ purchase very quickly. (Wet wood, stringers, fuel tanks, systems in general, engines, trans, outdrives). You probably already know this, but look for an expert to investigate, pay a little extra to avoid getting burned. Can be very typical with these older Cigs, and older vintage boats. Remember, a 2000 boat may sound new but that's 20 boating seasons! These could be things the owner never even knew were present.

Also, if you're looking at a boat with "upgrades" or one that has been "resto'd", look past all the shiny stuff to make sure it was done right, and they didn't gloss over things like rotted stringers, bad transoms, etc. On the flip side, you can buy some of these project boats for $.40 / $1.00 - IF DONE RIGHT.

Yes - Fountains are good boats too.

That Tiger looks like a nice boat, probably a good buy, and Twin Step with the nice outdrives.
Old 01-11-2020, 04:37 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the advice. I couldn’t agree more! I’m looking at 2005-2008. Found a nice 42 Fountain EX. People are telling me to get a lightning and not the Ex but it’s the same boat from the rub rail down (in the model years I’m looking at) so seems like a question of aesthetic from the rail up.
Old 01-11-2020, 07:07 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,161 Likes on 496 Posts

Originally Posted by AngryandDeranged
Thanks for the advice. I couldn’t agree more! I’m looking at 2005-2008. Found a nice 42 Fountain EX. People are telling me to get a lightning and not the Ex but it’s the same boat from the rub rail down (in the model years I’m looking at) so seems like a question of aesthetic from the rail up.
I prefer the traditional style of the Executioner. A few variations but generally, the Ex got an ice box in the cain where the Lightning got a fridge. The later Lightnings, around 08, got the new cabin interior, Ex retained the older style. Not sure about an anchor locker on the Ex, anyone? One of them, I think it's the Ex has a little bit better deck walk around access to the bow but a fraction less cockpit width.

Good advice on surveying/expert inspections, better to spend a bit more up front for the knowledge of what you're buying, it'll save you in the long run.

Happy shopping!

RR
Old 01-13-2020, 10:58 AM
Registered

Received 82 Likes on 58 Posts

The Lightning has a walk around to get to the deck. To me, that is a 'must have' feature on the Fountains.

Originally Posted by AngryandDeranged