Travel Ban From EU into USA for 30 days

Notices

Travel Ban From EU into USA for 30 days

Old 03-12-2020, 06:12 PM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Indy
What is "punished with points"?
being late or calling off sick gets you points. After so many points ina rolling year you get in trouble at different levels could even lose your job
Old 03-12-2020, 07:58 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,898 Likes on 1,315 Posts

Originally Posted by 1989mach1
Doctors and management that travel from one office to another or from one ccf hub to another are now told not to. And this is not going out to the public as information to scare people this is what they are telling there employees. Im not scared and am still going to go to work but will not be taking unnecessary risks.
Spot on. I had lunch with a friend who is the COO of med-size hospital today. He said much the same.

There has been much over-reaction and more than a little under-reaction at the wrong times to Covid-19 Bottom line: It's no joke for anyone, especially at-risk populations. Conversely, there is zero reason to panic. The CDC guidelines are solid.

I am not defending or attacking anyone. But the primary reason we don't have more information on Covid-19, much less forecasts on what to expect from it, is that the situation is dynamic. Epidemiology is not simple, especially when it comes to viruses.

Be well, all. Take care of yourselves.
Old 03-13-2020, 06:45 AM
Registered

Received 760 Likes on 410 Posts

Originally Posted by Mentalpause
14,000 is a good year. 2017/2018 winter was epic at 80K deaths in the US. https://www.statnews.com/2018/09/26/...deaths-winter/

Lots of the hype lacks accurate data, simply because the data is not available. Test kits just became available so nobody knows how many peeps may have had the virus the past month or so, and recovered nicely as many do with influenza each year.
My parents, aged 79 and 77, both had bad respiratory infections mid-February. Looking back now at the symptoms my mom said they had it could very well have been COVID-19.
Old 03-13-2020, 07:05 AM
Registered

Received 463 Likes on 211 Posts

My trip this monday to Guatemala for offshore billfishing just got cancelled. Usually plan that one for a year ahead.....

Another trip end of April to TX just got cancelled.

This is insane.
Old 03-13-2020, 07:34 AM
Registered

Received 874 Likes on 376 Posts

Swine flu in 09-10, 575,000 deaths worldwide, 61 million infected. That’s .0094% infected died. Everyone is treating this like if you get infected by it your dead. This shouldn’t be taken lightly yes, but this is all left wing media driven, nearing election time. They weren’t doing this with the swine flu when obamalamadingdong was in office. People can’t think for themselves nowadays and have to be told what to think and do. All the events and sports cancellations are just companies not wanting to look like the “bad guys”. They’re not worrying about people getting sick.

I hope they realize how much they’ve taken away from college athletes and a lot of other people in general. I’m just really sick of dumb humans running the place.

Last edited by IGetWet; 03-13-2020 at 06:31 PM.
Old 03-13-2020, 08:27 AM
Registered

Received 740 Likes on 334 Posts

Let's see how everyone feels about this in six months.
Old 03-13-2020, 08:44 AM
Registered

Received 295 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by Interceptor
Let's see how everyone feels about this in six months.
Well...either alive or dead...limited in choice.
Old 03-13-2020, 08:55 AM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by IGetWet
Swine flu in 09-10, 575,000 deaths worldwide, 61 million infected. That’s .0094% infected died. Everyone is treating this like if you get infected by it your dead. This shouldn’t be taken lightly yes, but this is all left wing media driven, nearing election time. They weren’t doing this with the swine flu when obamalamadingdong was in office. People can’t think for themselves nowadays and have to be told what to think and do. All the events and sports cancellations are just companies not wanting to look like the “bad guys”, not worrying about people getting sick.

I hope they realize how much they’ve taken away from college athletes and a lot of other people in general. I’m just really sick of dumb humans running the place.
its not the health issues, they are all more concerned about A, people not showing up and loss of profit B. Lawsuit if somebody gets sick at what ever mass gathering event they got sick at...
Old 03-13-2020, 09:17 AM
Registered

Received 352 Likes on 122 Posts

No, I am not a Doctor, but I am a stock trader . When Wuhan-19 popped up on our radar in mid-Jan we watched this very closely because we've been thru this drill with SARS, Bird-flu and Ebola before. Medical supply companies and biotech's that have anything remotely feasible to contribute to the crisis typically see emotionally driven short-term gains, and most everything else suffers.. So we have researched and followed this virus like white on rice.

Cov-19 is not the Black Death. As previously stated, If you are under 60 and in good health your chances of surviving Cov-19 are not dissimilar from a bad flu season, which are excellent. However, across all ages, and especially among the older and those with health issue, especially those with respiratory issues or those with high blood pressure, Cov-19 kills multiples more than the normal flu.

Cov-19 has a death rate conservatively 10X + that of the regular flu (1%+ vs.1%. Cov-19 has a critical care need (patients needing hospitalization) more than 10X+ that of the regular flu. Also, Cov-19 spreads twice as fast as the regular flu. While not as deadly as SARS, which had a mortality rate of about 10%, Cov-19' sends so many people to the hospital in such a short time that it simply overwhelms the medical care system. People who would otherwise survive do not because they simply cannot get the critical care they need because the hospitals are swamped.

The reason they are closing down the normal routine in the USA and other places is to simply slow down the spread of the virus so the hospitals here are not overwhelmed during the temporary period that Cov-19 is here. In the meantime they hope to develop treatments and vaccines. While most people have mild symptoms, they can and will spread it to people who will have life-threatening issues. The images that came out of Wuhan were real and could play out here if we do not manage the situation properly.
Old 03-13-2020, 09:29 AM
Registered

Received 800 Likes on 451 Posts

^^^^ Well stated!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.