Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Travel Ban From EU into USA for 30 days >

Travel Ban From EU into USA for 30 days

Notices

Travel Ban From EU into USA for 30 days

Old 03-14-2020, 09:40 AM
Registered

Received 740 Likes on 334 Posts

You can listen to science and doctors or type A boat owners making healthcare statements based on their political beliefs.
Old 03-14-2020, 10:17 AM
Registered

Received 295 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by Interceptor
You can listen to science and doctors or type A boat owners making healthcare statements based on their political beliefs.

Like the woman doctor from Ohio

who said she estimates over 100k infected in Ohio.without nothing backing that statement up.

Just saying ...can't stop living from the invisible boogie man..
Old 03-14-2020, 11:26 AM
Registered

Received 740 Likes on 334 Posts

Originally Posted by open87
Like the woman doctor from Ohio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiUyGfDJ76g

who said she estimates over 100k infected in Ohio.without nothing backing that statement up.

Just saying ...can't stop living from the invisible boogie man..
As I said previously, doctors and science. That plural, more than one doctor and science represents a group.
Old 03-14-2020, 11:40 AM
Registered

Received 463 Likes on 211 Posts

Listen to that Joe Rogan podcast - I would prefer to listen to people with credentials and who have been through similar events, were able to make educated predictions (swine flu, SARS, mad cow, etc)
Old 03-14-2020, 02:31 PM
Registered

Received 4,567 Likes on 1,315 Posts

Originally Posted by Marginmn

The C.D.C.’s scenarioswere depicted in terms of percentages of the population. Translated into absolute numbers by independent experts using simple models of how viruses spread, the worst-case figures would be staggering if no actions were taken to slow transmission. Between 160 million and 214 million people in the United States could be infected over the course of the epidemic, according to one projection. That could last months or even over a year, with infections concentrated in shorter periods, staggered across time in different communities, experts said. As many as 200,000 to 1.7 million people could die.
okay now you sound like the news spreading misinformation.. 1.7 million could die with a 95% survival rate !? Calm down buddy.

Watch this video and then let`s talk sense not hysteria and fake news .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5f6Ci2vHR-I&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR0SH5C-dWKjpbeA7B4awqPBR5eDTNo0N6HelIvGzM4dwDbzRipFKkwxFn s

"95% of people that get Corona virus will just get a cold"

I didn`t go to the hospital last time I got a cold so the hospitals will be fine.

Last edited by ICDEDPPL; 03-14-2020 at 02:33 PM.
Old 03-14-2020, 03:46 PM
Registered

Received 356 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
okay now you sound like the news spreading misinformation.. 1.7 million could die with a 95% survival rate !? Calm down buddy.

Watch this video and then let`s talk sense not hysteria and fake news .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5f6Ci2vHR-I&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR0SH5C-dWKjpbeA7B4awqPBR5eDTNo0N6HelIvGzM4dwDbzRipFKkwxFn s

"95% of people that get Corona virus will just get a cold"

I didn`t go to the hospital last time I got a cold so the hospitals will be fine.
PM of France: Starting at midnight tonight all restaurants, bars, retail stores, cinemas, gathering places CLOSED. Food stores & pharmacies open. Because # of people on respirators is rising dramatically. #COVID19
Old 03-14-2020, 04:26 PM
Registered

Received 875 Likes on 376 Posts

Gettin’ down with the sickness... ****s on sale 🤷🏻‍♂️

This is going to blow over soon. China is already recovering. Winter... we all just need to drive boats fast.
Old 03-14-2020, 04:41 PM
Registered

Received 4,567 Likes on 1,315 Posts

Originally Posted by Marginmn
PM of France: Starting at midnight tonight all restaurants, bars, retail stores, cinemas, gathering places CLOSED. Food stores & pharmacies open. Because # of people on respirators is rising dramatically. #COVID19
When don`t the French surrender. Their national flag should be white.
Old 03-14-2020, 05:05 PM
Registered

Received 308 Likes on 188 Posts

This is a multidimensional issue for sure. I've been watching this pretty closely for abt a month and here's my take:

The health impact in this country is largely unknown at this point. Once the drive-thru testing gets ramped-up, we'll have a lot better idea how wide-spread the impacts will be. Death rates can be deceiving. As we all know, data can be presented in different ways to give different impressions. Looking at the ratio between total known cases VS known deaths gives world-wide death rates between ~0.8% to ~4% but that does not include all the cases the gov doesn't know abt, (i.e. folks that recovered at home and never saw a doc). If you look at the completed cases (recovered VS death) the ratio is much much higher, but that data is also deceiving since these cases were most likely from hospitalized patents (i.e. most susceptible )
Another unknown is the mutation rate for single strand RNA viruses like Covid-19. There's at least 2 mutations discovered already and one is more deadly than the other.
The one reliable data point is number of deaths. In the US, we're still pretty low compared to our population, at least for now.

The economic impact will be substantial for sure. 401K's took a big hit already and will probably suffer more damage. There will be opportunities to recover losses but timing will be difficult to pin down due to lack of real evidence. Supply chains are already disrupted and that will continue. Schools shutting down and parents not having the option to dump the kids off at grandma'a house will cause many to miss work. Child care isn't really an option either since that's where viruses run rampant.

International relations have suffered considerably. There's a lot of finger pointing already and that will escalate. China, who makes ~95% of our medicine, has already threatened to cut us off. Travel bans will continue to increase. Tourism has all but died. Hotels business is waay down. Cruises are completely shut down in the US. Airlines are loosing money at a near record rates and I suspect many will not survive unless they are bailed out.

Cultural impact will be significant. Kids and parents no longer allowed to visit their parents/grand-parents for fear of transmitting the virus. Mental health issues are all but guaranteed with all the negative press 24 hrs a day..

Main-stream media has benefited in a big way with everyone tuning in. Unfortunately, real un-biased political journalism died a long time ago and the big players are only in it for profits so they will say whatever increases their ratings. Pretty sad state of affairs really.

Here's a link with daily world-wide updates.
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Old 03-14-2020, 05:20 PM
Registered

Received 800 Likes on 451 Posts

Isn't ignorance bliss...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.