Notices

Verado 400R overheat

Old 05-11-2020, 02:53 PM
Registered

Received 47 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Verado 400R overheat

Hi!

I have a 2017 model Verado 400R on my Phantom 25. Its been running flawlessly. However, two days ago the alarm went off and overheat was the cause. I checked the low water intake and everything looked fine. The temp are all fine with 142F at 1,000 rpm. Water pressure at 1,000 rpm is 5 psi, which is normal. However, the temp goes in the roof shortly after getting on plane. Water pressure at 4,000 rpms is 17 psi, which is normal.

Its waiting list for service, but a friend of mine will look at the thermostat tomorrow to see if its clogged / restricted by something. Could the poppet be an issue as well, or not since the water pressure is all fine both at 1,000 and 4,000 rpms?

Thanks !

Cheeers, Toffen
Old 05-11-2020, 05:14 PM
Registered

Received 72 Likes on 40 Posts

I’m little to no help. But I do know there is a common place they get clogged. Right before I went out on a WP360 they pulled the lid off the 400, unbolted a section, threw wood chips out and bolted it back up within 15min.
maybe this is the T-Stat housing you’re talking about. I believe it was on the starboard side of the engine. Best of luck.
Old 05-12-2020, 12:28 PM
bor
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by apex svt
I’m little to no help. But I do know there is a common place they get clogged. Right before I went out on a WP360 they pulled the lid off the 400, unbolted a section, threw wood chips out and bolted it back up within 15min.
maybe this is the T-Stat housing you’re talking about. I believe it was on the starboard side of the engine. Best of luck.
was it this thing you mean , I have looked at it at mine but it’s not really easy to bolt loose I think

Old 05-12-2020, 01:20 PM
bor
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by apex svt
was it this thing you mean , I have looked at it at mine but it’s not really easy to bolt loose I think

Old 05-13-2020, 02:10 PM
Registered

Received 47 Likes on 21 Posts

Hi!

It proved to be obstruction in the thermostat, so we changed the thermostat with a new one, and everything ok now.

Cheeers, Toffen