Notices

344 Hustler Cheetah

Old 06-19-2020, 01:09 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 344 Hustler Cheetah

Looking for any information on the ride an handling of a 34 Cheetah. I have searched around and not a lot of information out there. I know that they are fast with mild power compared to other boats in their size range. I am more concerned about the handling when the water gets sloppy and how they handle once you get into the 90 range. We boat on a large inland lake and boat slop from large cabin cruisers ect are the biggest issue. Its like a big washing machine not so much swells. Thanks for any help!
Old 06-21-2020, 08:02 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Very scary boat. Friend just sold one, had 525’s built to 600’s boat ran 94 and was completely out of control. Upgraded to 380 K-planes didn’t help much. My opinion boat should be limited to 496 or twin small blocks.
Old 06-21-2020, 09:46 AM
Registered

Received 301 Likes on 144 Posts

Probably one of the most fun vee bottoms I have ever been in. The boat is like driving a track car vs a hi perf street legal car. It is really a drivers boat and super fun in a good chop. They fly straight and level, so running hard in rough water isn’t a problem. The boat just starts walking a little around 90+ in dead flat water.
Old 06-21-2020, 01:40 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Freind of mine had one,twin supercharged motor ran well into the 90s,boat was on rails,ran great in rough stuff.I thought it was a great handling boat
Old 06-22-2020, 07:02 AM
Registered

Received 69 Likes on 38 Posts

Great boats. We had one with 525’s, if you throw tab at it it will get through the slop pretty well. We ran ours in loto and weren’t afraid to go boating.
Build quality is great, engine bay is big enough to be able to work back there, cockpit could be bigger(but so could a lot of them).
At high speed the boat did get loose, we ran up to 90 a few times in smooth water and it definitely bounced side to side. Although maybe a different set of props would help, at 91-92mph we were bumping the limiter with bravo 32’s.