Notices

Foremost Insurance Blows

Old 07-11-2020, 11:03 AM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by B38
What size and hp, twins?
22 Classic w/525 EFI. It's a small boat but it does run 80+.I've had it with AllState for 15 years now so not sure they would still write a new policy on one.
Old 07-11-2020, 11:56 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,252 Likes on 1,455 Posts

What Im hearing its not so much about the speed ( under 100 ) but the modified HP, Chris is working on my new policy, so we'll see
Old 07-11-2020, 01:01 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wia

I had a very poor experience with Christy, Chris, and WIA. Do your homework and take nothing for granted.
Old 07-11-2020, 01:17 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by dlange
I had a very poor experience with Christy, Chris, and WIA. Do your homework and take nothing for granted.
And what was that ??
Old 07-11-2020, 02:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PM sent
Old 07-11-2020, 02:17 PM
Registered

Received 353 Likes on 193 Posts

Originally Posted by Indy
What about Sy @ Total Dollar?
i am with Wakezone and a couple of days ago received an email from Stacy (Wakezone) stating they were now Partnered with Total Dollar. BTW I a have been with Stacy for years with no problem and no big increases. Hope it stays that way with the Total Dollar partnership.

Padraig
Old 07-12-2020, 07:09 AM
bob
Charter Member #40
Charter Member

Received 104 Likes on 51 Posts

I guess I was lucky with Foremost. Had Wozencraft/Foremost for 5 years. Simple Liability policy on old Cig and it was $480 per year. Never really changed. However, went to get comprehenive and they wanted like $2400. 1984 38' Cig, 3A's with 572's and some blowers on top. Said the boat ran 70 mph and we had 550 hp at prop per side. I responded yes when they asked if engines were modified. Markel comes in at $880. Said I only needed a $40K policy. So they say I need to get a survey. Like $700. So I ask if I do are they sure they will issue the policy and they say yes, I will also need to complete any recommended repairs by surveyor. Yes they say. So I get the survey, complete some minor issues, surveyor rates boat above average with all favorable comments. Says it worth $72K. Submit paperwork and Markel comes back and says I will also need dyno sheets from recent rebuild. I respond that we did not as it was just a rebuild but I have dyno runs from original build by KE. However, I would be able to get a hp confirmation from KE on recent rebuild which also included dropping boost, milder cam and lowering rpm. They agree. Submit letter. They then say new cost will be $1500. Same $40K policy. I ask why. They say because boat will run over 85 mph because of superchargers. I show them Merc's max speed calculations and they don't care. While the price is not a bad price, it's the way they conduct business. Their speed calculator is completely way off. Wonder what happens if you have a claim? Anyone have Markel? End of the day I went ahead and cut a check and will deal with it next year I guess.
Old 07-12-2020, 08:11 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I was denied by Markel last year, gave them all the up front accurate information, they said no problem, then 2 weeks later changed there mind and said NO, its pretty clear these companies pick and choose who they do business with.
The following users liked this post:
jmoore1225 (07-13-2020)
Old 07-12-2020, 10:41 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by thirdchildhood
AllState insures my Donzi for around $700 per year.
Our Donzi insurance through State Farm is $558.00per year.
The following users liked this post:
PartyBarge22 (07-21-2020)
Old 07-13-2020, 06:32 AM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by bob
I guess I was lucky with Foremost. Had Wozencraft/Foremost for 5 years. Simple Liability policy on old Cig and it was $480 per year. Never really changed. However, went to get comprehenive and they wanted like $2400. 1984 38' Cig, 3A's with 572's and some blowers on top. Said the boat ran 70 mph and we had 550 hp at prop per side. I responded yes when they asked if engines were modified. Markel comes in at $880. Said I only needed a $40K policy. So they say I need to get a survey. Like $700. So I ask if I do are they sure they will issue the policy and they say yes, I will also need to complete any recommended repairs by surveyor. Yes they say. So I get the survey, complete some minor issues, surveyor rates boat above average with all favorable comments. Says it worth $72K. Submit paperwork and Markel comes back and says I will also need dyno sheets from recent rebuild. I respond that we did not as it was just a rebuild but I have dyno runs from original build by KE. However, I would be able to get a hp confirmation from KE on recent rebuild which also included dropping boost, milder cam and lowering rpm. They agree. Submit letter. They then say new cost will be $1500. Same $40K policy. I ask why. They say because boat will run over 85 mph because of superchargers. I show them Merc's max speed calculations and they don't care. While the price is not a bad price, it's the way they conduct business. Their speed calculator is completely way off. Wonder what happens if you have a claim? Anyone have Markel? End of the day I went ahead and cut a check and will deal with it next year I guess.

Same exact thing I went thru w/ them. Complete BS. Since they were calling me a liar I told them to fly the underwriter in, It runs what I said, they were insuring me for the original quote. They just know they have you by the balls on these older boats and gouge you for it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.