any clue what this hull might be? >

any clue what this hull might be?

Notices

any clue what this hull might be?

Old 07-14-2020, 05:47 PM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by Stuckonstupid
Looks like they dropped the price on the boat referenced in the first post BIG TIME.

I see it for $14,900 but I have an agreed price below that as well if we go through with it.

Leave for Vegas thurs morning so dealing with that first
The following 2 users liked this post by Nate5.0:
larslindroth (07-14-2020), Twin O/B Sonic (07-16-2020)
Old 07-15-2020, 10:42 PM
Registered

Received 689 Likes on 320 Posts
Default Whether Left Coast cutting edge or East Coast splash, these boats cause sonic booms.

Got a couple things confirmed. The Sonic Marine 21 is a modified Rayson-Craft GN v- bottom. When Jay Ross had come out to Florida, from Texas, he was running a cool 454 powered jet boat and his friends wanted the same kind of boat. Instead of becoming a dealer for Rayson-Craft, and bring boats all the way from Gardena, California, Jay started building his own modded copies. The Rayson-Craft flatbottom above, with orange metallic deck, was Michael Reagan's personal leisure boat, but the GN 20 and GN 20.5 v-bottoms proved more successful on the racing circuit. Rayson-Craft had to start making v-drive and jets for the public, and it was one of those v-bottom jets Jay had acquired. The outboard for sale should be a good running boat, if it's straight, solid dry and the motor is strong I sure like it for the reasonable money asked. Here's a friend of mine's nephew, flying his and his father's 1970 Rayson-Craft GN 20 v-bottom. Boat has got an all aluminum, normal aspirated 803" BBC a' 1,400 hp on 113 octane, that does 120 mph plus at half throttle.
P.S. As you so well know,, Mike Reagan got into more and more serious v-bottom triples after that 1967 world championship title in the little triple v-bottom Rayson-Craft. D.S.

Last edited by larslindroth; 07-15-2020 at 10:45 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Twin O/B Sonic (07-16-2020)
Old 07-16-2020, 07:43 AM
Registered

Received 1,930 Likes on 756 Posts

Thx for the history lesson Lars.

Big fan of the Rayson Craft vee drive flatties and Endurance boats.
120 at half throttle is strolling 😂

Gives way more street cred to those Sonics.
I never particularly cared for them.
larslindroth (07-16-2020)
Old 07-16-2020, 09:43 AM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 155 Posts

This thread has some great info that I am blown away by, very cool and I do really thank everyone who has helped here. We are off for a short vaca and when I get back I am going to line-up a sea trail and a good look over of the redo and the quality of it
larslindroth (07-16-2020)