Notices

Haulover inlet videos

Old 08-27-2020, 07:51 AM
Registered

Received 1,399 Likes on 780 Posts

Originally Posted by jeff32
exactly one of the reason i dont get why CC's are so popular !
too much sun = problem
too much wind = problem
too cold = problem
inlet = problem

just like any open bow type of boat in an inlet...

is being 15 on the boat the only plus to these boats? if so, i never feel like being too many on mine might as well keep my old rig !
Not to much sun because of the T top.

Wind, yea for me because I live in FL and boat year round that is a issue, unless you are like Nate and on 400K + HUGE CC's, most of the small ones are windy. For that matter some of the new ones are nuts in size, 10-12 beams can give you a lot to sit behind.

For us normal folk,,,,, not as nice but people like them and there are a lot of people that want to carry a **** ton of people with them. One other couple is enough for us,, and just meet up with everyone at the sand bar.

Inlet, on the east coast where we live inlets can get like that depending on tide, wind, pretty rare to have a smooth way out.

I do have to say I like the older DONZI/Fountain OB sport fish type boats (ZSF and LE), those are pretty nice.
Old 08-27-2020, 10:14 AM
Registered

Received 3,240 Likes on 1,049 Posts

Been in and out of Haulover many times. Never seen it stack up like that but watch these videos all the time. Can't understand why people don't just run down to Govt cut or out the far south end of Biscayne if they need to get out in those conditions.
Old 08-27-2020, 12:18 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by thisistank
Been in and out of Haulover many times. Never seen it stack up like that but watch these videos all the time. Can't understand why people don't just run down to Govt cut or out the far south end of Biscayne if they need to get out in those conditions.

Most of the time its a outgoing tide with the wind coming off the ocean, that just piles the water up.
Old 08-27-2020, 02:26 PM
Registered

Received 3,240 Likes on 1,049 Posts

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
Most of the time its a outgoing tide with the wind coming off the ocean, that just piles the water up.
I totally understand the science behind it. What I don't understand is why people don't head over to Govnt cut or out the south side of Biscayne where the openings are wider and you don't have this problem. I know its a bit further down but half of the way you can plane so, again, I don't get it.
The following users liked this post:
TylerBurich (08-27-2020)
Old 08-27-2020, 04:42 PM
Registered

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

I totally understand the science behind it. What I don't understand is why people don't head over to Govnt cut or out the south side of Biscayne where the openings are wider and you don't have this problem. I know its a bit further down but half of the way you can plane so, again, I don't get it.
The kids and I watch these videos every friday night on youtube. I think some people head out there for the fun of making it through the inlet no matter how rough. The rest are just idiots. No life jackets and kids in the front no way. We have some real winners on our lake as well that tube in the channel on a small lake. Kid fell off a tube couple weekends ago and the boat operator didn't know. Luckily someone saw them before they were almost ran over. This is probably why our insurance premiums are stupid.
Old 08-27-2020, 05:55 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 874 Likes on 323 Posts

I just don't understand why they don't just ride the back side of the wave like you're supposed to. I mean this is basic boat handling...if they don't know that they shouldn't be out there.
The following 3 users liked this post by Indy:
rak rua (08-27-2020), thisistank (08-27-2020), Twin O/B Sonic (08-27-2020)
Old 08-27-2020, 08:35 PM
Registered

Received 1,916 Likes on 749 Posts

The idiot running the Formula is proof that all you need is money.
Not a freagin clue.
If you don’t understand/accept the responsibility of the crew/passengers lives being in your hands.....

9 yrs of living at and using the Sebastian Inlet teaches you or punishes you, or both.

I remember driving over that bridge the first time after moving down from Ohio, w/the tide going out.
Me being a Lake Erie bad ass and all.

Was no traffic on road so I parked at top of bridge and walked to rail to look.
Got back in car and told my wife, “ain’t no way in hell were every going out that Inlet!”

After getting settled and learning its traits, I’ve been in/out of that Inlet a dozen times in our 13’ Whaler.
At stable tide.

I signed up a yr (but missed it) to participate in a group dive to clean trash off the bottom of that Inlet!
There is 15 mins of slack tide, between in and out when it’s dead calm!

There is a dog leg in that Inlet and makes it as bad as any.

We always planned our trips in/out around tides.
As all knowledgeable local boaters do.

One time while fighting mechanical gremlins in my twin OB 24’ Sonic, we got caught outside the Inlet at Max outgoing tide.

That boat had twin 250 OBs.
W/an outgoing tide you had 4’ waves that were stationary, w/a tide going out at 10 MPH!

We’d be at 1/2 throttle, on plane, and not moving!

I screwed up and let the boat drop off plane and it instantly turned right (caught in current) and headed for the breakwall, which was boulders the size of VW Beetles!

I pinned the throttles and corrected steering.
I remember waiting for the 500 Hp to fight to put the boat back on plane, which it barely did!

1000’s of stories about idiots in the Fla inlets.

Had a neighbor roll a 25’ deck boat in an outgoing tide in that Inlet, pitched everyone over the side, the boat drifted to sea, upside down, fisherman recovering crew, just before a charter boat hit their upside down boat, it’s prop cutting slots down the side of its hull, before continuing out on their fishing trip w/o stopping!

That boat was upside down in my backyard for months w/the prop cuts visible from my back door.
Told the neighbors if I knew slip #s I could calculate prop pitch of the charter boat and track it down!

True story.

Last edited by Twin O/B Sonic; 08-27-2020 at 08:37 PM.
The following 4 users liked this post by Twin O/B Sonic:
badmonkey (08-28-2020), rak rua (08-27-2020), resurrected (08-28-2020), Wildman_grafix (08-28-2020)
Old 08-28-2020, 06:06 AM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 250 Posts

Yep, going in/out sebastian inlet has to be timed with the tide

Coming back on the north side because of monster hole its a blind spot.

every time ive been out that inlet, the dog leg is 1/2 full of fishing boats in the channel, the jerkoffs actually get pissed if another boat is just passing thru but you have to go in/out like you mean it because of water speed and the turn
The following 2 users liked this post by outonsafari:
jeff32 (08-28-2020), Twin O/B Sonic (08-28-2020)
Old 08-28-2020, 06:40 AM
Registered

Received 1,916 Likes on 749 Posts

Yep.

Monster hole is fun to watch from the bridge.

And the fisherman........

Seen them anchor right in the middle of the channel!

Originally Posted by outonsafari

Yep, going in/out sebastian inlet has to be timed with the tide

Coming back on the north side because of monster hole its a blind spot.

every time ive been out that inlet, the dog leg is 1/2 full of fishing boats in the channel, the jerkoffs actually get pissed if another boat is just passing thru but you have to go in/out like you mean it because of water speed and the turn
Old 08-28-2020, 07:26 AM
Registered

On Sebastion, everything said is Correct, and the dudes that anchor right in the middle WTF. The wives just LOVE going in and out that inlet,,,,,,,,,,NOT.

For me when we decide to run the outside down once you go out Cape Canaveral, its a 42 mile run to that inlet, you better be committed, no where to turn in.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.