Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Florida Noise Restrictions >

Florida Noise Restrictions

Notices

Florida Noise Restrictions

Old 09-13-2020, 10:02 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is fantastic news! Thank you all for the feedback!
Old 09-13-2020, 07:25 PM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 55 Posts

So why do FL police departments say they can't enforce any noise ordinances on crap box Honduh's (for example) but will do so on boats?
Old 09-13-2020, 10:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

....kinda funny. last time my boat was boarded for a sheriff to do a dB check, by the time they got all of their equipment set up at the right distances and all, the battery on my boat died and i couldn't start the boat......meanwhile, all boaters on the lake were saved from 6 deputy sheriffs, for 4 hrs, who were just instructed to go write a lot noise ordinance tickets. LOL
Old 09-13-2020, 10:11 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 866 Likes on 325 Posts

Originally Posted by Tractionless
So why do FL police departments say they can't enforce any noise ordinances on crap box Honduh's (for example) but will do so on boats?
Not police - its DNR
Old 09-14-2020, 11:19 AM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by scottgjerdingen
....kinda funny. last time my boat was boarded for a sheriff to do a dB check, by the time they got all of their equipment set up at the right distances and all, the battery on my boat died and i couldn't start the boat......meanwhile, all boaters on the lake were saved from 6 deputy sheriffs, for 4 hrs, who were just instructed to go write a lot noise ordinance tickets. LOL
Oh, next time just trip the lanyard cut-off and say wow it won't start could you tow me in please officer?
Old 09-14-2020, 01:07 PM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by Tractionless

Where do you see them enforcing noise ordinance on boats.

Everyone in this thread said they have no issues here in FL and I lived here all my life in the Tampa/Clearwater area and also have had zero issues.
The following 2 users liked this post by Nate5.0:
OldSchool (09-14-2020), Wildman_grafix (09-14-2020)
Old 09-14-2020, 07:41 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

As my dad it ft. Lauderdale Said on a cougar cat with merc log manifolds he was boarded by police ordinance/ law said “ shal be muffled “ so he put in some log mufflers like in a mastercraft and ran it till the boat rotted away
Old 09-15-2020, 08:46 AM
Registered

Received 1,421 Likes on 793 Posts

Here is the reg, talk about VERY vague,,,, when it doesn't have a limit pretty hard to say what is "effective". But it is also why silent choice needs to be removed, they COULD say to leave it on. Either way we have never been pulled over for noise here, gulf coast or keys.

https://myfwc.com/boating/regulations/

Old 09-15-2020, 10:06 AM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
Here is the reg, talk about VERY vague,,,, when it doesn't have a limit pretty hard to say what is "effective". But it is also why silent choice needs to be removed, they COULD say to leave it on. Either way we have never been pulled over for noise here, gulf coast or keys.

https://myfwc.com/boating/regulations/

The water mixing with the exhaust is an "effective muffling device." Also it says "use" of cut-outs is prohibited, not having them.
The following users liked this post:
92nsx (09-15-2020)
Old 09-15-2020, 12:55 PM
bob
Charter Member #40
Charter Member

Received 104 Likes on 51 Posts

I have been running KE's headers with some water coming out the tips for over 14 years. Never been pulled over for noise yet. Even had the coasties pull along side while we were idling a couple weeks ago to ask a question and jokingly said "what I can't hear you" when I replied. We both just laughed. But if you get a bad neighbor it could probably be a different story? I think they are pretty good here.