Notices

Ocean boating

Old 10-20-2020, 07:39 AM
Registered

Received 131 Likes on 54 Posts

10’ in an inland lake LMAO if you have ever seen a real 10’ you would know how ridiculous that sounds.

The following users liked this post:
outta control (10-20-2020)
Old 10-20-2020, 05:05 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Truth

Originally Posted by PARASAIL941
Deep water calms the chop and allows for the big swells. In South FL, less than 1mi out , you can be in 600'-1000' depth.
There is no place in Florida that is 600' deep in a mile. Palm Beach Inlet is the deepest place per mile in the the entire state, and 600 feet is about 4 miles out, Port Saint Lucie your looking 20 miles plus, off Miami the Hollywood hills are 15 miles out. Florida rarely has swells, what we do have have is waves and tides that get opposed by currents.
Old 10-20-2020, 07:30 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sailtexas186548
10’ in an inland lake LMAO if you have ever seen a real 10’ you would know how ridiculous that sounds.
Yep. It’s completely ridiculous. And catches most with their pants down. A desert storm is no joke.
Old 10-20-2020, 08:26 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,153 Likes on 491 Posts

Originally Posted by vtown
I’m not really sure why you guys jumped all over that newb. He asked a legit question. Have you ever boated that lake? The dude was right...you can get stuck in 10 footers and they are not swells. Ever wonder why little Havasu is so popular when the tow is the same to Mead and it’s 10 deg cooler and right next to VEGAS? It’s because that lake can be nasty and unpredictable.
I'm sure your comments are just general remarks and not directed at me but just in case somebody thought I was jumping all over the newbie, go back and read my 3 posts, I was supportive. (And a bit gullible too)

The guy was banned for having 3 profiles, name calling and generally abusive towards other members and moderators. Made for some fun reading but I doubt he'll be missed.

RR

Last edited by rak rua; 10-20-2020 at 08:32 PM.